Spoon frontman and guitarist Britt Daniel is commonly seen with a Telecaster Thinline in his hands, so Fender and Britt have teamed to release his own signature model. Featuring a semi-hollow body, custom shop pickups, an S1 switch, and a custom Amarillo Gold finish, this guitar is great for that indie rock Spoon sound and so much more.
Body and Neck
As this is a semi-hollow guitar made from ash, it’s very lightweight and has a resonant tone with more midrange emphasis than a regular solid-body Tele. The body has a custom Amarillo Gold finish that’s reminiscent of the classic Butterscotch Blonde colour and is finished with a nitrocellulose lacquer which will age and wear like a vintage guitar would.
The neck is made from maple and has a “Deep C” shape that really fills the hand nicely. The fingerboard is also maple which is really smooth to play on and has a 9.5” fingerboard radius which is comfortable for playing both chords and solos. Like the body, the neck has a nitro finish so it’ll only get better with age.
Pickups and Electronics
The Britt Daniel Tele features a pair of Fender Custom Shop single-coils. In the bridge is a vintage-style Tele pickup which gives that iconic bright and biting tone that’s beloved by rock and country players alike. The neck pickup is a Texas Special which is a lot hotter than a standard Tele pickup for a more powerful sound with more midrange presence without sacrificing that familiar Tele neck pickup sound. Overall this Tele can really pull some punches. This guitar also has an S1 switch which, when activated, switches the pickups between parallel and series for a thicker sound.
- Series: Artist Signature
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Color: Amarillo Gold
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Texas Special Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume (S-1 Switch), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Tele
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top