Here's what Free The Tone say about the FT-2Y Flight Time Digital Delay Pedal:
FREE THE TONE’s high sound quality digital delay “FLIGHT TIME” with the world’s first Realtime BPM Analyzer and Delay Time Offset features, reappears with even more improvements!
Responding to strong requests from players all over the world, the FLIGHT TIME FT-2Y is now being introduced as the successor to the FT-1Y (FLIGHT TIME) that ended production in 2016. For the FLIGHT TIME FT-2Y, we have redesigned not only the analog and power supply circuits but also the digital circuits and firmware to realize dramatic improvements in sound quality. While keeping all of the FT-1Y’s ample feature set (including the world’s first Realtime BPM Analyzer*1, *2, Delay Time Offset features, etc.), the FT-2Y has further advanced in both sound quality and functionality with the addition of instrument/line level switching, instant preset switching, MIDI out function. Pursuing higher sound quality and ease of use we concentrated the latest technologies of FREE THE TONE upon this unparalleled delay effects unit “FLIGHT TIME FT-2Y”. Experience its sound!
World-First: Realtime BPM Analyzer *
The Realtime BPM Analyzer adjusts the delay time by automatically trimming the BPM based on realtime tempo analysis of the current performance within the range of ±20% of the tempo (BPM) information tap-entered by using a footswitch.
World-First: Delay Time Offset Feature *
A common delay setup is to offset the delay time compared to the BPM of the tune being played to make the delay sound of a guitar or bass more easily heard. When the delay time is set to be equal to the actual BPM, the delay sound will be masked by other on-beat sounds and become difficult to hear. With a shorter delay time setting, you can give a high-speed impression to your playing. Conversely, a longer setting can help to render broader expressions with plenty of time for each tone. Since the delay time offset amount can be set for each preset, you can keep the setting best suited to each tune.
* As of September 2014, based on Free The Tone’s research
Note 1: If the BPM of the tap-entered tempo information differs more than ±20% from that of the actual performance, then there is no automatic adjustment of delay time.
Note 2: The realtime BPM analyzer may not be able to recognize BPM for performances with irregular meters, performances by orchestra or piano, etc.
* BPM ANALYZER is a function that was jointly developed by Faudio and FREE THE TONE.
- 32-bit High-precision DSP
- Instrument/Line Input Level Switching*
- HTS Circuit and Analog Mixer
- MIDI Function #1
- MIDI Function #2*
- Instant Preset Switching*
- HPF (high-pass filter) and LPF (low-pass filter)
- Modulation Feature
- Sound Hold Function
- Rec & Repeat
- Trail function
- Delay Phase Function
- Subdivision Function
- Dry On/Off
- Boost Function
- Tap-Preferred Mode
- *New functions added to the FT-2Y.
- Number of Presets : 99 (User Presets: 90, Factory Presets: 9)
- Input Impedance: min. 500 k
- Output Load Impedance: min. 1 k
- Max. Input Level: INST +2 dBm / LINE +13 dBm
- Terminals: Standard 1/4" phone jack (IN, OUT, HOLD)
- Power Supply: Dedicated AC adapter
- For USA: FA-1220D-JA
- For UK: FA-1220D-UK
- For Europe: FA-1220D-EU
- Power Consumption : DC12V, approx. 400 mA(max).
- Dimensions: 146W x 120.5D x 57H mm (incl. protuberances such as jacks)
- Weight: approx. 560 g (excl. accessories)