The Fender Jazz bass is one of the most popular and instantly recognisable instruments ever produced. With the American Professional II Jazz bass, Fender have managed to distil over sixty years of market-leading design, sound and playability into an exciting new range. It's old-school style meets modern-day performance!
Familiar, but Fresh
When you pick up this bass, you'll find it immediately familiar. The same comfort, feel and sonic versatility is present that has made the instrument so popular among a legion of players from contrasting genres. It's equipped with brand new V-Mod II Jazz Bass single-coil pickups - which are characterised by the same great clarity and punch that's become synonymous with the instrument.
Alongside this, you'll find a slim C shaped neck profile augmented with smooth rolled fingerboard edges, a smartly sculpted neck heel and a 'super natural' satin finish. This all combines to create one seriously comfortable playing experience - even during the longest practice sessions and live shows!
- Series: American Professional II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Colour: 3-Colour Sunburst
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: V-Mod II Single-Coil Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Top-Load)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Strings: Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406