The HeadRush pedalboard turned heads (and ears!) when it was released in early 2017, with its amps and effects emulation making it a hugely versatile and all-encompassing piece of gear. With the ability to use the pedalboard in conjunction with amplifiers or direct with front-of-house PA systems, HeadRush has since unleashed its very own tailored speakers that are made specifically for their unit.
The HeadRush FRFR-108 is the latest addition to their speaker range. A more compact version of the FRFR-112, this speaker is not only more portable, but it also makes it one of the most affordable FRFR cabs on the market!
Boasting a specially-voiced 8" woofer and a high-frequency compression driver, this full-range 2000W powered speaker delivers an incredibly potent sound, with all of the clarity and headroom you'll ever need. Letting you get the absolute most out of your HeadRush pedalboard, the FRFR-108 speaker allows you to adjust your tone to suit any venue. Thanks to a Contour EQ switch, you can achieve a more focused sound that'll let you cut through frantic mixes, and a Ground-Lift switch will eliminate noise in spaces with poor grounding.
Dual XLR/TRS combo inputs can let you expand your setup even further, letting you incorporate more speakers and signal sources. With each input having its own volume control, you can carefully mix the level of the additional signals for the perfect overall sound. The FRFR-108 isn't just suitable for the HeadRush pedalboard, but would be a solid choice for any Multi-FX unit or modelling amplifier!
Here's what HeadRush says about the FRFR-108 Powered Speaker Cabinet:
Get The Most From Your Multi-FX / Amp Modeller
The HeadRush Pedalboard and Gigboard have stormed the market with their ground-breaking innovation in FX and Amp modelling. Now that you’ve elevated your rig to the new innovative standards of today’s modellers, don’t rely on the limited frequency response of a traditional amplifier or PA speakers. You need the FRFR-108.
The FRFR-108 is a 2000-watt full-range, flat-response powered cabinet that perfectly complements the HeadRush Pedalboard or any other multi-FX/amp modeller. It features an 8-inch/2-way speaker, dual XLR/TRS ¼” combo inputs with independent volume, contour EQ and a lightweight pole-mountable cabinet.
Surgically Tuned, Masterfully Voiced
Hear your rigs as they were always meant to be heard! The HeadRush FRFR-108 features a specially-voiced 8-inch woofer and high-frequency compression driver that deliver a clear, concise and sonically-true full response across the entire frequency range, without any nuisance artificial colouration. Thanks to a conveniently located Contour EQ switch, the FRFR-108 guarantees to cut through muddy sounding stage mixes for perfect monitoring every time!
High Output Power
The HeadRush FRFR-108 provides 2000 watts of peak power that delivers clarity, punch and ample headroom for any venue. With the convenient XLR output, FRFR-108 seamlessly sends your mix to FOH equipment or links to additional FRFR-108 cabinets where increased stage-based amplification is required. Whether you are using the FRFR-108 as a floorboard monitor wedge or your main amplification source, all the critical power and connectivity options are included to ensure you are primed for any scenario.
Whatever the situation demands, the HeadRush FRFR-108 includes hassle-free connectivity options for sheer versatility on stage or in rehearsal scenarios alike. With 2 XLR/TRS ¼-inch combo inputs, each with their own independent volume control and clip indicator, amplifying and mixing two separate signal sources couldn’t be any simpler – plus with a thoughtful Ground-Lift switch, eliminate unwanted noise at venues with grounding issues and ensure you sound at your best every time.
We built the HeadRush FRFR-108 just for you, the discerning guitarist/bassist - if you’re looking to elevate the performance of your HeadRush Pedalboard, Gigboard or any other FX/Amp modeller, your search is over. You’ve found the HeadRush FRFR-108!
- Specially-voiced 8-inch woofer and high-frequency compression driver deliver a precise full response across the entire frequency range without any artificial colouration
- 2000 watts of peak power (1000W continuous) delivers outstanding clarity and punch
- (2) XLR/TRS ¼” combo inputs with independent volume controls and clip indicator
- LF Driver: 8-inch (203mm) 2.5-inch (65mm) high-temperature voice coil
- HF Driver: 1.4-inch (35mm) neodymium HF driver with precision waveguide
- Crossover: 2.5kHz
- Maximum SPL: 129dB peak, 126dB continuous (dB SPL @ 1 m)
- Frequency Response: 62 Hz – 20 kHz (±3dB)
- Frequency Range: 52 Hz – 22 kHz (-10dB)
- Horn Coverage: 90° H x 60° V nominal
- Contour EQ switch cuts through muddy-sounding stage mixes
- Ground-Lift switch eliminates unwanted noise at venues with grounding issues
- XLR output sends mix to the front of house or links additional FRFR-108 cabinets
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5KHz
- Maximum SPL: 129 dB (peak), 126 dB (continuous) (dB-SPL @ 1 m)
- Frequency Response: 62 Hz – 20 kHz (+3 dB)
- Frequency Range: 52 Hz – 22 kHz (-10 dB)
- Horn Coverage: 90 horizontal x 60° vertical (nominal)
- Equalization: Contour switch with low- and high-frequency +3 dB boost
- 2000 W (peak, 1300 LF + 700 HF)
- 1000 W (continuous RMS, 650 LF + 350 HF)
- Low-Frequency: 8.0” (203 mm) driver, 2.5” (65 mm) high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency: 1.4” (35 mm) neodymium driver with precision waveguide
- (2) XLR/TRS ¼” (6.35 mm) combo inputs
- (1) XLR link output
- (1) IEC power cable input
- Power switch
- (2) volume control knobs (1 per input)
- EQ contour switch
- Ground-lift switch
- Power LED (rear panel)
- Clip limiter LED
- Electronic clip
- Thermal & transducer overdrive
- Connection: IEC
- Input Voltage: 100 V~, 110–120 V~, 220–240 V~; 50/60 Hz (switchable)
- Fuse: 100–120V T10AL AC250V 220–240V T5AL AC250V
- Consumption: 800 W
- Injection-moulded polypropylene construction
- Perforated steel grille
Dimensions (height x width x depth)
- 17.1” x 10.1” x 9.6”
- 434 x 256 x 245 mm
- 20.2 lb.
- 9.2 kg