In 2015 Boss released the BB-1X, a very powerful and versatile bass overdrive pedal. Now Boss are using the same MDP technology to offer the second most essential bass effect - the compressor. The BC-1X is made to be simple on the outside but complex under the hood. This makes getting complex studio grade compression a piece of cake.
Studio Grade Compression
Bass compression is pretty much a must-have as you constantly wrestle with the rest of a band for frequency space. EQ does help here but nothing sets up you up for great tone like a good compressor. That is where the BC-1X comes in handy with its simple controls you would see in any studio. Ratio, Threshold, Release and Level dials can be found on the top of the pedal and are all you need to create nearly any compression style.
Since it is such an essential pedal effect, it means there are all kinds of options to discover on the BC-1X. The thing to be mindful of with compressors is colouring and tone sucking. Because of how compression works it is very hard to find one that keeps your tone steady and just compresses the frequencies you want. That complete control is what makes the BC-1X so good.
- Intelligent circuitry adapts to every register and playing nuance, providing natural compression that preserves the fundamental bass tone
- Interactive internal processing enables users to dial in sophisticated multiband compressor settings with simple stompbox controls
- Professional 18-volt input electronics provide ample headroom for any bass, ensuring clean and punchy sound with no distortion
- High-resolution gain reduction indicator shows the current compression amount at a glance
- Digital circuitry greatly reduces noise, a common problem with standard compressors
- BOSS five-year warranty