The Cali-born American Performer Jazz is an elegant, offset retro-look bass of pro quality. Fender have equipped the Performer range to deal with the rough and tumble of touring and years of ownership.
Made in the USA, the Performer J bass is kitted out with awesome Yosemite single-coil pickups, designed for rich, expressive tone.
Body and Neck
The American Performer is built using a lightweight Alder body and sturdy Maple neck, cut in a streamlined ‘C’ shape. Players after modern playability combined with classic looks will feel at home on the Performer Jazz.
Its 9.5” radius Maple fretboard is a standard Fender appointment. Anyone with experience of playing a similar American-made bass or guitar will recognise the gentle curvature, in contrast to the retro aesthetic. Finished with 20 Jumbo frets that make for an effortless playing experience.
The Performer Jazz comes into its own thanks to the unique, crisp-sounding Yosemite pickups. Flat, staggered pole pieces increase the output of the Yosemites, while the shellac potting lets the coils breathe and keeps feedback under control. Truly the most versatile bass ever created.
Under the hood you’ll find Fender’s Greasebucket tone circuitry. This lets you shape your highs without adding bass using the third knob. The Performer Jazz is suited to a multitude of genres.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane, Satin Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets:20, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots (Maple), White Dots (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with TaperedShafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Middle)
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag