Victory has become one of the UK's leading guitar amp brands, with dozens of high-profile players relying on its portable lunchbox-style amp heads for the stage and the studio.
Joining their flagship Compact Series is 'The Copper', an EL84-driven 35w head that captures the character of legendary AC-style amps from the past with some extra hot-rodded flavour! There are several modern refinements up its sleeve too, making the Victory VC35 'The Copper' a versatile, professional-grade amplifier that even modern players can get on-board with.
The Victory 'The Copper' follows the brand's lightweight lunchbox chassis design, making this ergonomic head incredibly easy to transport. Its size is deceiving though, as this pint-sized amp has plenty of power at its disposal - with up to 35w of headroom available. This gives 'The Copper' a beautifully open sound even at high volumes, making it an ideal amp for practically any style.
If that seems like too much for the home though, you can power down to a more modest 7W. This lets you enjoy that super-sweet preamp break-up without annoying the neighbours! This function is also useful in a studio scenario, especially if sensitive mics are employed to capture the amp's sound.
Synonymous with British guitar tone, the Victory VC35 makes use of a quartet of EL84 power tubes. Voiced to deliver anything from traditional chiming trebles through to jangling pop, punching mid-range blues, high-gain classic rock and American-style boutique cleans, Victory's 'The Copper' covers many of the bases. Think of the VC35 as a warm-sounding, AC-inspired amplifier that can stretch to ballsy, early '70s plexi-style tones when it's cranked!
With just a single channel, the Victory 'The Copper' may seem quite limited to some players. However, its no-nonsense design makes it the perfect amp for plug-in-and-play guitarists that prefer simplicity. With a standard 3-band EQ section, 'The Copper' also has a pair of additional 'Bass Cut' and Mid Boost' switches on its front panel, which allow you to cut any unwanted flabby low-end or pump the mids for increased definition.
Perfect Pedal Platform
The Victory 'The Copper' is ideal as a pedal platform, which is a quality that more and more contemporary guitar players seem to seek. Set up your preferred base tone via the amp and simply colour it with stompboxes that can enrich its sound, whether that be via boost, overdrive or distortion pedals.
To ensure that time-based delay and reverb pedals work harmoniously with the VC35, Victory thoughtfully added an effects loop to enable clean pedal operation between its preamp and power amp stages. You can also use an external Victory footswitch to manually engage or disengage the effects loop section, as well as turn on/off the VC35's studio-quality digital reverb.
- Gain - You can dial in sparkly, chiming cleans right through to heavy gain rock sounds all from one knob. It’s very interactive with the tone controls, then balance to taste with the master volume.
- Bass - A rotary pot and bass cut switch give you the control to dial in anything from skinny British ’60s pop jangle, to full and fat, modern boutique tones.
- Middle - We’ve included a mid boost switch along with the mid rotary control to add overdrive and deliver those rich, vocal lead tones. Try it with the bass cut and plenty of gain for classic rock soloing bliss.
- Reverb - VC35 has a no-hassle, super reliable digital reverb (like our V40) to keep you ambient. Somewhere between room and plate… and there’s plenty available!
- Tone - This global tone control works as it does in the classic Vox amps… except the trebly stuff is found clockwise. It’s great for that final high-end response tone tweak to your playing environment.
- High & Low Power - 35 watts/full power is great for punch and headroom; 7 watts low power gives less volume, more compression and a different harmonic and dynamic response.
- Format: Single Channel Head
- Full Power: 35w
- Low Power: 7w
- Valves: 2 x 12AX7, 1 x EF184, 4 x EL84
- Size: 342(w) x 185(h) x 185mm(d)
- Weight: 8.2kg (18.1lbs)