Unlike the rest of the PST families, the PST 8s use Paiste's flagship 2002 bronze and are the introductory set to their higher-spec cymbal ranges. These cymbals, handmade in Switzerland, are bright, focused and very cutting, which allows them to excel in a live setting. The PST 8s are the perfect set of cymbals for drummers that are frequently gigging and working on small scale recording projects.
- Type: Hi Hats
- Sound: Warm
- Series: PST8
- Size: 14"
- Skill Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- Weight: medium top/heavy bottom
- Volume: medium low to loud
- Stick Sound: dry, fairly defined, warm
- Intensity: fairly lively
- Sustain: medium
- Chick Sound: fairly strong and defined
- Sound Character: Refined and warm with a deep touch. Fairly wide range, clean mix. Balanced feel. Rich, controllable open sound with a defined, solid chick sound. Versatile hi-hat for all-around playing in a wide range of musical applications.
Here's what Paiste say about PST8 Cymbals
PST 8 cymbals are crafted from the legendary 2002 bronze, refined through traditional hand hammering and perfected with the unique handmade Reflector finish. These hallmarks of Swiss workmanship make these cymbals pure Paiste instruments, yet they are as attractively priced as the other successful Paiste Sound Technology series.