The TremLord 30 is Orange’s unique take on the classic cleans of ‘50s guitar amps. We’re talking pristine valve-powered clarity, heaps of headroom, a compact combo form-factor – and of course there’s valve-powered tremolo and spring reverb on board!
“It’s kinda like the amp Orange never made in the first place. It’s a quite vintage flavoured amp with more perceived clean headroom than our other 30 watt amps.” – Ade Emsley
- 30 watt, 1x12 all valve combo amplifier with pristine cleans.
- Built in valve tremolo with two footswitchable speeds.
- Two spring reverb tank (footswitchable, on/off).
- Post-tremolo FX loop.
- Italian designed lavoce 12” speaker.
- Headroom (30/15 watts) or bedroom (2 watts/1 watt) switch.
Pristine clean tones
The combination of valves in the TremLord has been carefully engineered to produce chiming cleans reminiscent of classic valve amps. This is something of a first for Orange; we’re talking the definitive valve clean sound with a uniquely British edge, courtesy of Orange’s voicing wizardry.
On top of this, they’ve opted for Italian manufacturer Lavoce as the speaker provider. The 1x12” loaded into the TremLord delivers additional headroom and a smoother treble response, perfect for taming the purring valves.
Bedroom to Headroom Switch
This popular Orange feature allows you to flick between practice and performance volumes while retaining that rich valve response. This particular circuit has been tweaked to ensure that the amp remains springy and dynamic, even while attenuated.
In ‘bedroom’ mode, you can choose between 1 or 2 watts, while in ‘headroom’ mode, you’ve got 15 or a full 30 watts. This makes the TremLord a surprisingly versatile solution – for everything from late night rehearsal to recording in the studio.
Reverb, Tremolo and FX Loop
It wouldn’t be a ‘50s-style combo without spring reverb. In this case, you get a two-spring reverb tank, meaning you can go from subtle twang to rattling ambience in seconds. It’s powered by a single ECC81 (12AT7) valve for maximum richness – you simply won’t want to turn it off.
Speaking of valve-powered, the dual-speed tremolo follows the same pattern, this time thanks to a 12AX7 valve. The two speeds are footswitchable so you can easily flick between them, or bypass entirely. Finally, a valve-buffered FX loop ensures beautifully transparent tone no matter what’s in your chain.
- Speed (Tremolo)
- Speed (Tremolo, Only Engaged With Footswitch)
- Depth (Tremolo)
- Available in Orange or Black
- Output Power: 30 Watts/15 Watts or 2 Watts/1 Watts
- Valves: Pre Amp – ECC81 (12 AT7) X 2, ECC83 (12AX7) X 3
- Output – EL84 X 4
- Speakers: 1 X 12” Lavoce Speaker
- Extension Cabinet Options: Yes, See User Manual.
- Unboxed Dimensions (W X H X D): 57cm X 46cm X 28.5cm (22.44″ X 18.11″ X 11.22″)
- Unboxed Weight: 24.09kgs (53.11lbs)