Roland are responsible for some of the most iconic drum machines and production gear of all time. With the MC-707, they’ve demonstrated their groovebox prowess, combining classic Roland sound with cutting-edge functionality. Equal parts drum machine, synthesizer, sampler, sequencer and controller, this is a production powerhouse that’s armed to the teeth!
From Quick Beats to Full Tracks
Just like the classic 707, 808 and 909 drum machines, the MC-707 is designed with quick, punchy groove-making in mind. You’ve got 8 assignable tracks at your disposal, with 16 ultra-sensitive pads for playing or sequencing drums, basslines or chord progressions.
Add a wealth of onboard sounds, comprehensive TR-REC sequencing, in-depth sampling tools, and you’ve got the ability to create a professional-sounding track end-to-end.
Studio Quality Synths & Effects
The MC-707 comes equipped with Roland’s latest sound engine, combining virtual analog with modern PCM. This means a mixture of classic and state-of-the-art sounds with DAW-like flexibility, all in one place. And yes, it includes the Roland classics: TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101.
You can take these incredible sounds a step further with the MC-707’s built-in effects. All 8 tracks have independent effects processors with a huge number of variations. From lush modulation to mind-bending ambience, amp simulation to wild distortion. Add the final touch with master effects like filters, bit-crushers and bus compression for polished punchiness.
Intuitive Controls & Connectivity
Those familiar with Roland’s line-up may recognise the control panel as being similar to their Aira series. Vibrant backlit pads, intuitive faders, an easily-navigable button layout. The addition of a LCD screen makes tracking and composing easier than ever.
MIDI in/out and numerous stereo outputs allow you to easily integrate the MC-707 into your existing rig. Whether you want it as a DAW controller or a fully-fledged centerpiece, it can hack it. You can connect it via USB and use as an interface; all 8 tracks can be individually recorded into your DAW.
Creative Sample Manipulation
From firmware V1.20 sample directly into tone and drum tracks in real time from the external inputs or your PC to create your own custom sampled instruments. Slice loops at transient points and spread them out over the performance pads to create your own beats. Re-sample your new track back into the machine and mangle it again to create truly unique soundscapes.
Intuitive Performance Tools
Bored of playing with a chromatic keyboard? No problem, set the MC-707 in any number of different scales to perform in new exciting ways whilst always staying in key with your track, while the chord designer function lets you create custom chords and assign them to a single key press. If you are a traditional keyboard player, plug in an external midi controller to play the MC-707 sounds and change parameters over its MIDI input.
Whichever way you choose to record, you can either work quantised to a grid, completely unquantized to capture the true human performance, or somewhere in between for a little natural shuffle.
Clip Chain Function
Each of the MC-707s 8 tracks contains 16 slots for sequences called Clips. You can chain your clips together, so they play in a specific order, allowing you to create a song by automating changes between different sections.
Audio Insert Function
Turn some of your MC-707s tracks into a mixer for an audio input. Use Midi clips on track to drive the sequence on an external piece of hardware before bringing its sound back into the MC-707 as an audio insert on another track. What’s even better is that you can apply Master Effects to these audio inserts on the MC-707 too!
Share & Collaborate
Download additional sound packs from Roland Cloud to expand the 3000 built in tones. Even better, save and export your own custom sounds to share with friends or use within the Roland Cloud Zenology plug-in.
Want some help getting started with your MC-707? Roland have created a full video manual to help you along the way.
- Sound Engine: ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Maximum Polyphony: ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load), Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- Tracks: 8 tracks
- Clips: 128 clips (16 clips per track)
- Preset Tones: 3,000+
- Preset Drum Kits: 80+
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing form SD CARD
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD CARD, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of User Sample: WAV 32--96 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit (mono, stereo)
- Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, 32-bit float (mono, stereo)
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Step Sequencer Maximum Steps: 128 steps
- Looper: Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
- Display: 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage: SD Card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- Phones jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Mix out (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Assignable out (L,R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Send/return (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Ext in (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (it works as 1/4-inch TRS phone type when using MIC)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor, 2,000 mA
Dimensions & weight
- 426 (W) x 263 (D) x 60 (H) mm
- 16-13/16 (W) x 10-3/8 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
- Weight: 2.1 kg / 4 lbs 11 oz
- AC adaptor
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "Using the Unit Safely"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)