Gretsch are renowned for their classy, vintage-style instruments, boasting unique tones and discernible aesthetics. The G5230T Electromatic Solid Body Jet is a guitar that encompasses all of Gretsch's signature traits, but modernised to suit today's players looking for something more versatile and functional as an instrument.
Body & Neck
The Jet has always been a guitar formed predominantly from Mahogany, and the G5230T is no exception. In contrast to the bright-sounding pickups, the rich and deep tones offered by Mahogany help to ensure a balanced sound across the frequency spectrum.
However, as Mahogany is typically a heavy tonewood, one modern refinement that Gretsch has made to this model is to chamber its body. This not only lessens the weight of the instrument, but also improves its resonance and sonics, for a more airy tone and an enhanced mid-range. Topped with Maple to bring in some vibrant top-end, the G5230T deliver a very full sound as a whole.
A Mahogany neck gives a substantial feel, with its density ensuring great stability; less inclined to warp in varying temperatures. Adorned with a Black Walnut fingerboard, this elegant wood gives a smooth feel under the fingers, with 22 frets and the lower cutaway offering access to the higher register.
Electronics & Hardware
Synonymous with Gretsch, the G5230T features a set of Black Top Filter’Tron pickups. These distinctive-sounding pickups give a super-clear tone with plenty of presence and sparkle. If you're playing in a busy mix, these pickups will ensure that you cut through, clean or with overdrive.
Another classic Gretsch feature is the iconic Bigsby tremolo. Fitted with the Licensed B50 Vibrato unit, the G5230T allows you to add gentle warble to chords for blues or surf-style playing.
Here's what Gretsch say about the G5230T Electromatic Solid Body Jet:
Pure Jet™ Power
In its 65 year existence the Gretsch Jet has been the hallmark sound for iconic players. The all-new G5230T Electromatic® Jet™ FT Single-Cut with Bigsby® captures that essential Jet power and fidelity at an incredible price.
Chambered Mahogany Bodies — Loud and Clear
Classic Jet tone begins with a chambered mahogany body with maple top that produces full lows and mids with an exceptionally smooth and present high end. The result is a deep acoustic foundation that is robust, yet balanced.
Black Top Filter’Tron™ Pickups – Quintessential Power and Clarity
Black Top Filter’Tron™ pickups amplify and accentuate the Electromatic Jet FT’s chambered body to produce a wide, balanced and transparent tone. Loud and punchy, this Jet sounds out with remarkable definition at any level of gain. Together, the body and pickups thunder with full, responsive lows and mids with a high end that sparkles without spikes.
Total Tonal Control
The Electromatic Jet FT is equipped with essential features that give you complete tonal control. The combination of individual pickup volume controls, master tone and master volume with treble bleed circuit
provides intuitive global control over your pickup and tone settings.
- Series: Gretsch® Electromatic Collection
- Body Material: Mahogany with Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.25” (260 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.5” (216 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Black Walnut, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Diecast with Round Button
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® Licensed B50 Vibrato Tailpiece
- Pickguard: Black Gretsch Logo (506, 516) Black Plexi w/ White Gretsch Logo (547),Silver Plexi with
- Pickups: Black Top™ Filter’Tron™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge AndNeck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, MasterTone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046