Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our Guitar Gallery experts are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
Our specialists really know their stuff and can help you choose or track down that special piece you’re looking for. And of course can show you what it looks like on camera! Please note this applies to in-stock products only.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Gibson's Custom Shop division produces some of the finest electric guitars in the world. All handcrafted, many of these Custom Shop instruments are based on iconic models from Gibson's illustrious past. And this 1964 ES-335 Reissue VOS captures the spirit of one of Gibson's most adored hollowbody models from the golden age of guitar design.
Faithfully adhering to the classic 1964 formula, this Custom Shop ES-335 Reissue VOS recreation boasts an authentic '64 medium C-shaped neck for a comfortable feel, and also comes equipped with vintage-voiced Gibson Custombucker Alnico III pickups that project a rich and powerful tone.
Here's what Gibson says about the Custom Shop 1964 ES-335 Reissue VOS:
The Historic Reissue ES-335 is back and better than ever thanks to a year of studying, scanning, and listening to original examples. The expert craftspeople at Gibson Custom Shop have rendered every contour, profile, inlay and color of the priceless vintage models in magnificent detail. The result is a playing and ownership experience that will keep you coming back for more.
The 1964 Reissue models utilise sharp horn cutaways, medium C-shape neck profiles scanned from originals, small block inlays and vintage-replica parts.
- Body Shape: ES-335
- Body Material: 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centerblock: Solid Maple
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '64 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 42.85mm
- Inlays: Small Block Cellulose Nitrate
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Black 5-Ply Wide Bevel
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Gold or Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Mounting Rings: Black M69 Medium & Tall
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Black/Yellow Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity