Duff McKagan is one of the most significant rock bassists of the last 30+ years. Renowned for his work with Guns N' Roses, Fender has collaborated with the Seattle-born rocker to launch a signature Deluxe Precision Bass.
Heavily based (no pun intended) on the '80s Jazz Bass Special McKagan used to record Guns N' Roses' breakthrough album, Appetite for Destruction, his elegant-looking signature bass guitar is hot-rodded with a number of modern features to meet his demands and those of contemporary-minded bass players.
Classic Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its customary tonewood combinations for the Duff McKagan signature Deluxe Precision Bass. Sporting an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs - a great tonal foundation for the powerful pickup pairing.
The instrument's Alder body is joined with a black-painted "Modern C"-shaped Maple neck, bringing out more presence for a crisp tone when playing finger-style, slap or with a plectrum. The sleek Rosewood fingerboard adds some crucial lower mid-range warmth and provides a silky-smooth touch under the fingers, while the classy white pearloid block inlays will always guide your playing.
Punchy P/J Pickup Configuration
Duff’s signature sound comes from pairing a Fender vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup with a punchy Seymour Duncan STKJ2B Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickup. Giving you the rounded thump of a traditional P-Bass mixed with the clarity of a Jazz Bass, the Fender Duff McKagan signature model covers a lot of ground. Its thunderous tone can also be shaped precisely via the Fender TBX (Treble/Bass Expander) tone circuit.
Hipshot Bass Xtender
One of the Fender Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass' coolest features is its Hipshot Bass Xtender. A must-have for live performance, this device allows you to instantly detune the lowest string by a whole step at just the flick of a lever. Drop D tuning has never been easier!
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Black Painted Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan STKJ2B Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master TBX Tone Control
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Fender '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear with Hipshot Bass Xtender "Drop D" on the E String
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top Black