A true Fender classic, this 68 Custom Princeton Reverb amplifier from Fender draws from the most authentic, original Fender tones. The well-known "Silverface" panel represents an era where Fender amps were a staple, go-to tube amp for performers and studios throughout the rock 'n' roll world.
The 68 Custom Princeton Reverb amp features a 1x10" Celestion speaker, with reverb and tremolo, an dual inputs to acommodate for different pickups. The 68 Princeton has creamy, fat, lively tube tones in a cabinet that is portable and ideal for small gigs and studio use.
Here's what Fender say about the 1968 Custom Princeton Reverb Amp
1968 was a transitional year for Fender amps, with tone that was still pure Fender but a look that was brand new. With a silver-and-turquoise front panel and classy aluminum "drip edge" grille cloth trim, the Princeton Reverb received a fresh new face as it remained the perfect recording and gigging amp. Small, light and moderately powered, it produced big tube tone, with world-class Fender reverb and vibrato effects. For countless guitarists ever since, the Princeton Reverb has been the go-to amp for classic Fender sound.
The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb Amp pays tribute to the classic look, sound and performance of Fender's late-'60s "silverface" amps. In a special twist, a modified tone circuit gives modern players greater tonal flexibility with pedals, and the amp's reduced negative feedback gives greater touch sensitivity and quicker onset of overdrive. The '68 Custom Princeton Reverb's single 10" Celestion TEN 30 speaker also delivers a more distinctively rock 'n' roll flavor.
- Model Name: '68 Custom Princeton Reverb
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Controls: Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Wattage: 12 Watts
- Inputs: Two - (1/4", Input 2 is at -6dB)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: One
- Rectifier: Tube (1 x 5AR4)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 19.875" (50.5 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 16" (40.6 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 34 lbs. (15.7 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: One - 10" Celestion TEN 30
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (3 x 12AX7), (1 x 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (2 x 6V6)
- Unique Features: Modified Princeton Reverb circuit with all-tube circuitry, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included