Epiphone's Inspired by Gibson range is a stunning homage to some of the most famous guitars ever made. Better yet, you get all the iconic features that made the original instruments great at a price that won't have you counting pennies.
There's a reason so many big name players flocked to the J-45: it proved to be a workhorse in every sense, thanks to unwavering reliability and flexible dynamics. It possesses most of the power of the Gibson Hummingbird but produces a slightly more delicate top end.
The slope-shouldered body proves to be one of Epiphone's most comfortable models. It's made of a solid body mahogany and solid sitka spruce top, ensuring classic character in the bucketloads.
Attached is a comfortable rounded “C” neck with a familiar 24.74 inch scale length fretboard containing contemporary medium-jumbo frets. Completing the humble aesthetic are mother of pearl dot inlays and a vintage sunburst finish. Hardware features nickel Epiphone ivory colour machine heads and bridge pins. The ever-reliable bone nut and saddle combo keep the J-45's tuning super stable.
Need some extra oomph? Plug the J-45 into a PA system (and sound great) thanks to a Fishman Sonicore pickup and Sonitone volume and tone controls.
- Body Shape: Sloped Shouldered Dreadnought
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Side: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Quarter Sawn Spruce
- Binding: Top - 4-ply Ivory and Black; Back - 1-ply Ivory
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded C
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- End of Board Width: 2.258"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Joint: Tapered Dovetail
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Reverse Belly, Indian Laurel
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: 3 on a plate with Ivory buttons and press in bushings
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell, J-45 Shape
- TrussRod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply, Bell
- Bridge Pins: Ivory
- Strap Buttons: 2 - side of heel and endpin jack
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman Sonicore
- Controls: Fishman Sonitone Soundhole mounted Volume and Tone
- Output Jack: Endpin Jack
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone