The Elektron Model: Cycles brings together a synthesizer and six-track FM groovebox and packs it into one robust, compact unit. Take advantage of six FM synth-based instruments to build your ideal sound. Shape it with four highly intuitive controls and add the finishing sonic touches using the onboard delay and reverb processing. Don’t underestimate its smaller dimensions; the amount of creative control available to you here is seriously impressive!
- Combines a synthesizer and a six-track FM groovebox, packing them into one compact unit.
- Utilises six FM synth-based instruments – chord, tone, percussion, metal, snare and kick.
- Just like its cousin the Model: Samples, you can use the Model:Cycles as a MIDI sequencer.
- The 6 audio tracks can also be used as MIDI tracks.
- Features 6 velocity-sensitive pads for precise playing.
- Real-time / step input of your notes and parameters.
- Create up to 96 projects and save up to 96 patterns per project.
- Provides four controllers for intuitive sound shaping – contour, sweep, shape and colour.
- Onboard reverb and delay processing.
- A streamlined user interface makes the Model:Cycles incredibly accessible.
Here’s What Elektron say About the Model:Cycles
Six track FM based groovebox
Scale angles dense and jagged, glide over plains vast and ﬂuid, or sink into mists of dissonance. To model is to shape the formless. Model:Cycles is a six track FM based groovebox that brings exploring into the heart of sound sculpting.
With six unique Machines in one lightweight unit you can eﬀortlessly mould rhythm and melody across the digital spectrum using instant, tactile controls. Exploration made attainable.
Define the Formless
The six Machines of the digital FM engine are unique to Model:Cycles, covering both percussive and melodic synths, allowing you to make full, varied compositions. The four core Synth Controls put the tools of sound sculpting right in front of you, altering the behavior of each Machine diﬀerently and letting you push them to the limit. Every sound has a start, where will you take it?
Dedicated × 12
Dedicated knobs let you twist each Machine far and wide with wild, unexpected results waiting to be discovered. Use Control All to heave a parameter to the extreme and back again across every track. Elektron’s powerful sequencer gives you the freedom to record every move live or program the sounds and parameters of your composition one step at a time.
Light weight, heavy sound
Whether you use it as a versatile live instrument or groovebox on the go to pick up and craft full-blown compositions away from your studio, exploration has rarely felt so convenient and unimpeded.
Synth voice features
- 6 × FM-based Machines
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- 1 × Assignable velocity modulation per track
- Storage space for up to 60,000 presets
- 6 × Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)
- Elektron sequencer with up to 64 steps
- Unique length and scale settings per track
- Parameter locks
- Micro timing
- Trig conditions
- Assignable retrig
- Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters
- 96 × Projects
- 96 × Patterns per Project
- Send & master eﬀects
- Delay and reverb send FX
- 6 × Velocity sensitive pads
- Class compliant USB audio 2.0
- 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack
- 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks
- 1 × Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- 3.5 mm dual polarity TRS MIDI In, Out/Thru jacks
- 128 × 64 pixel LCD screen
- 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A converters
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port
- Power inlet: Center positive 3.5 × 1.35 mm barrel jack, 5 V DC, 1 A
- W 270 × D 180 × H 39 mm (10.7” × 7.1” × 1.6”) (including knobs and feet)
- Weight: approximately 0.80 kg (1.8 lbs)
- 3 year Elektron warranty
Included in the box
- Power Supply PSU-4
- Micro USB Cable USB-2
- 2 × MIDI adapter (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS minijack)