The original Electro Harmonix Bad Stone is back! Originally launched in 1977 this really cool six stage phase shifter could be heard on a plethora of different albums throughout the late 70's and early 80's before it was discontinued. Now EHX are bringing this legend back with modern tweaks and build quality.
The only change made to the circuit from the original pedal is that the minimum modulation rate is now a bit slower than before which suits some of the more modern guitar styles. Just like the original pedal you have two modes of operation. You can either control it in auto mode with your standard Rate and Feedback controls which uses the LFO to constantly move the phase. The other mode disables the LFO and you instead control the frequency with the Manual Shift control. This second mode lets you get everything for a subtle parked wah effect to some really cool out of phase tones.
- A faithful reincarnation of the legendary 1970s Bad Stone with carefully selected updates for the modern player
- The Bad Stone was the first phase shifter to employ variable feedback and features an awesome six stages of phase shifting
- Manual Shift mode that lets you freeze the phase
- Compact, rugged die-cast package
- True bypass switching for maximum signal path integrity
- Effect status LED
- Built-in AC jack that accepts an optional EHX9.6DC power supply, comes with a 9V battery