Walrus Audio has expanded its overdrive pedal lineup with the 'Ages' - one of the most versatile dirt pedals we've ever seen! Featuring a 5-position rotary knob that allows you to access different combinations of internal gain and clipping style, the Walrus Audio Ages pedal covers practically all of the overdrive bases!
5 Overdrive Flavours
The pedal market is oversaturated with drive stompboxes, so it's rare to find something that really stands out from the crowd. The Walrus Audio Ages overdrive is one such pedal, not just because of its amazing mythical three-trunked warrior elephant artwork, but because of its incredible flexibility.
Equipped with a 'Mode' switch, you can alter the character and tonal response of the pedal - essentially giving you 5 overdrive pedals in one! Affecting the internal gain level and switching between silicon and LED clipping styles, the 5-position rotary knob offers the following gain states:
- I. Low-gain mode with symmetric silicon soft clipping. Compressed and smooth.
- II. Low-gain mode with symmetric LED soft clipping. Pushed, open, and sparkly.
- III. High-gain mode with symmetric silicon soft clipping. Increased saturation and tight.
- IV. High-gain mode with symmetric LED soft clipping. Saturated, punchy and big.
- V. High-gain mode with symmetric silicon hard clipping. Heavy compression, thick and chewy.
Since the 'Mode' switch is changing the internal gain and clipping style, the other controls will behave slightly differently as well. You will need to use the volume knob to adjust the overall output.
Flexible EQ Controls
To enhance the Ages' already versatile design, Walrus Audio equipped the unit with 'Bass' and 'Treb' knobs. Letting you shape your overdrive tones to perfection, the bass control cuts or boosts low frequencies before they hit the overdrive while the treble knob tames the highs. With these, you can make the Walrus Audio Ages work with almost any guitar or pickup configuration!
In addition to the EQ controls, there is also a 'Dry' dial that allows you to blend in your dry guitar signal with the unit's overdrive sound. Bringing in your dry signal can add clarity and punch, which is a great feature for live players looking for more cut in a band mix.
- Versatile overdrive capable of light-gain transparent drive to saturated, chewy overdrive.
- 5 selectable gain-states with different combinations of internal gain (low gain/high gain) and clipping-style (Silicon/LED).
- Blend in dry signal for added clarity and amp-like punch.
- Boost/cut bass control for dialling in tone with different pickups.
- Stacks extremely well with other drives.
- Controls: Vol, Dry, Gain, Bass, Treble, Mode (5-Position Switch)
- Colour: Olive Green Enclosure with White, Cream and Black Ink
- Power: 9-Volt DC, Center Negative
- Current Draw: 100mA minimum
- Dimensions: 12.1 x 6.6 x 3.5 cm
- Made in the USA