The AudioBox USB96 is a simple and easy to use recording solution for musicians on a budget. Based on one of Presonus' best selling interfaces, this option now features full 96K sampling quality to offer better clarity and detail than ever before.
If you're a musician who's new to recording, you don't want to spend hundreds on a complicated interface with oodles of inputs. You want something that sounds great to your descerning musical ear but won't break the bank. The USB 96 offers that perfect balance of quality and affordablility for musicians, producers and podcasters
Quality that won't break the bank
The AudioBox USB 96 is a plug and play interface that offers up to the full 24-bit, 96 kHz recording quality. If you're not used to the numbers, this basically means that your recordings are going to offer more dynamic range and more detail in your recordings using the highest settings. This does result in larger file sizes, however if you're worried about space on your computer you can always adjust the settings and turn down the quality if needed.
With 2 Combo inputs you have a bit of flexibility to connect 2 mics on XLR for stereo recording, or singer songwriters can record guitar and vocals at the same time. On the back you have a pair of monos to quickly connect some monitor speakers, and a powerful headphone output for when your tracking or doing work in a busy environment like a coffee shop.
You also get classic MIDI I/O included so that you can hook up your favourite synth or a midi controller.
All the basics are there; clean, simple and reliable
Roadworthy Mobile Interface
This compact and durable interface is designed to be used and abused. Housed in a heavy-duty steel chassis you can drive a truck over (yes, they checked!) you can take the AudioBox anywhere without worrying that a minor ding is going to destroy the internals.
Comes with top quality software
This AudioBox package comes included with fantastic Presonus DAW recording software Studio One. Easy to learn but with a surprising amount of flexibility, Studio One is the perfect option to get you recording without having to spend hundreds on one of the top recording suites and getting bamboozled by the advanced tools. If you find you need help, the friendly Studio One online community will also be keen to help you. A nice touch!
You also get the Studio Magic plug-in suite included in this bundle. Featuring tools, effects and instruments from top companies like Eventide, Lexicon and Arturia, this selection of plugins has been cherry picked to provide a powerful selection of tools to transform your tracks with a little bit of production magic!
- 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
- Headphone jack with level control
- Main-output level control
- LED clip indicator for each channel
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
- 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
- 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
- MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+105 dBu dynamic range)
- Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
- Compatible with most Mac® and Windows® recording software
- Studio One® 3 Artist
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
- Weighs just 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!