The Martin 000-17 is a fantastic, Sitka and mahogany acoustic guitar with a great character and tone. Martin make some top of the range accoustics which can be found on the biggest stages and tours across the world.
This auditorium acoustic has a great feel to it and a comfortable neck. Whether you play mostly chords, finger style or a mix of the two it'll feel great and the articualtion will bring out the best of your tone.
The Sitka top on this guitar has a great looking sunburst finish that Martin call Whiskey Sunset. It conjurs up the feel of an old, worn in but well maintained country acoustic. It would look great in a blues, country or folk project.
Here's what Martin have to say about the 000-17 Whiskey Sunset:
The 000-17 Whiskey Sunset Auditorium model boasts a rich, warm sunburst finish that will delight any player with its aesthetic beauty.
Skilfully crafted from a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides with grained ivoroid binding, a modified low oval neck with a Performing Artist taper, and a Guatemalan rosewood fingerboard and bridge, this guitar produces beautiful dynamic tones that will please the most discerning musician.
- Model: 000-17 Whiskey Sunset
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Satin
- Top Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Modern Straightline - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Recommended Strings: SP LIFESPAN 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE LIGHT (MSP7100)
- Knob: Cream
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell