The Markbass Big Bang 500 pushes the boundaries of what a compact head can achieve in terms of punch, power and outright tone! Full featured but lightweight and compact the Big Bang 500 is the perfect partner of Markbass' lightweight cabs
Here's what Markbass say about the Big Bang 500w Bass Head
Just over a decade ago, Marco De Virgiliis started pioneering small, lightweight amps; the Markbass Little Mark heads started a new era in bass amplification, inspiring many other companies to follow their lead.
Now, you'll be amazed that such a warm, rich and “explosive” sound comes from an amp smaller than our groundbreaking Little Mark heads! And—despite its small size—the Big Bang is packed with extra features that customers have been asking for: aux in, headphone output with level control, plus mute and VLE and VPF filters with footswitch control. Other features, already appreciated by Little Mark users, include a simple and effective 4-band EQ, effects loop, and level control and pre/post EQ switch for the XLR DI output.
- INPUTS: INPUT - impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp, AUX IN, EFFECT RETURN - impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
- CONTROLS: GAIN, MASTER VOLUME, LINE OUT LEVEL, HEADPHONE LEVEL CONTROL, GROUND LIFT - switch on rear panel, PRE/POST EQ - switch on rear panel, MUTE - footswitch
- EQUALIZATION: LOW center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB, LOW MID center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB, HIGH MID center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB, HIGH center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB
- FILTER SECTION (with footswitch): VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) center frequency 380 Hz (cut), VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz (cut)
- OUTPUT: LINE OUT balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp, EFFECT SEND unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ), TUNER OUT unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp, SPEAKER OUT speakon/1/4" combo, 1/4" HEADPHONE OUT
- WEIGHT: 4.74 lbs / 2.15 kg
- DEPTH: 10.04 in. / 25.5 cm
- WIDTHL: 8.94 in. / 22.7 cm
- HEIGHT: 2.56 in. / 6.5 cm
- OUTPUT POWER: 300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 100/120V; 230V; 240V
- (Voltage is factory preset according to region of sale)
- NOTES:Minimum ohm load for all Markbass heads is 4 ohms.