Gretsch Custom Shop Masterbuilt G6659-TG Claro Walnut Broadkaster Relic in Natural
Masterbuilt by Gonzalo Madrigal.
This product is not currently available.
Masterbuilt by Gonzalo Madrigal
Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar is an exciting experience, but it can be a little overwhelming too. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Gretsch Custom Shop is where the time-honoured legacy reaches its creative apex. No guitars epitomize the incredible expertise and attention to detail of Gretsch’s most skilled builders like those produced in the Custom Shop. From modern recreations of legendary instruments to artist tribute models, the Gretsch Custom Shop takes “That Great Gretsch Sound” to an entirely new level, whilst preserving and perfecting it for future generations to experience.
Expertly hand built by master builder Gonzalo Madrigal, the Gretsch Custom Shop G6659-TG Claro Walnut Broadkaster delivers a big sound in a small package! The G6659-TG's slightly smaller single-cutaway body offers greater comfort, enhanced playability, tonal focus and feedback resistance. The highlight of this guitar though is undoubtedly the stunning Figured Claro Walnut body! With an eye-catching grain that seems to pop from the guitar, Claro Walnut produces a rich, warm tone with a enhanced bass response. The "C" shape Flame Maple neck, topped with a sleek 12" radius Ebony fingerboard has been a mainstay on Gretsch guitars for decades, offering incredible playability and comfort.
At the heart of the G6659-TG is a Gretsch Broad'Tron™ in the bridge position, and a Fender Custom Shop P-90 in the neck position. Offering a wide tonal palette, this combination of pickups will have you have covered for a range of different playing styles and genres. With that classic Gretsch "chime" and plenty of snarling, gritty rhythm tones on hand, the G6659-TG is as versatile as it is eye-catching! An Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Bigsby B7 tailpiece provide the G6659-TG with plenty of vintage warble and a set of Sperzel locking tuners make ensure everything stays in tune!
This stunning instrument comes presented in a hardshell case and includes a strap and certificate of authenticity.
- Masterbuilt by Gonzalo Madrigal - A masterbuilt guitar is built from start to finish by just one highly skilled luthier, or master builder. The care taken and attention to detail are on a different level to standard production models. Truly a work of art!
- Claro Walnut Body - A lively tonewood with a focussed tone and healthy bottom end. Visually, Claro Walnut is naturally dark in appearance and has a beautiful grain pattern.
- Gretsch Broad'Tron™/Fender Custom Shop P-90 Pickups - A versatile pickup combination capable of delivering that "Great Gretch Sound" as well as more aggressive, gritty Rock tones. The addition of a treble bleed circuit ensures that you don't lose the top end sparkle when you roll off the guitar's volume.
- Sperzel® Locking Tuners - Once you've used locking tuners, you won't want to use anything else! Locking tuners allow for super fast string changes whilst ensuring maximum tuning stability.
- Bigsby® B7 Tailpiece - This classic "whammy bar" allows you to bend the pitch of notes or entire chords with your picking hand for classic vibrato effects.
- Body Shape: Broadkaster
- Top Material: Figured Claro Walnut
- Body Material: Figured Claro Walnut
- Finish: Relic® Lacquer
- Material: Flame Maple
- Profile: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium-Jumbo
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Hump, Creme Side Dots
- Binding: Tortoise Shell
- Finish: Gold
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge w/Bigsby® B7 Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® Locking
- Pickguard: Tortoise Shell
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Bridge Pickup: Gretsch® Broad'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Custom Shop P-90
- Controls: Master Volume; Tone Switch with Treble Bleed; Pickup Selector Switch
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+