Gibson's Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is not just a tribute to the priceless original models — it's an exact clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics and colour-matched shades of sunburst; every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail.
It represents the culmination of decades of work by the Custom Shop's expert team — a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. This guitar is the definition of cool, and it's the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over 25 years ago.
- Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Knobs: Gold Butyrate Top Hats
- Finish: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity