Jimi Hendrix is regarded by many as the greatest rock guitarist of all time. Just over 50 years since his untimely passing, Gibson has paid tribute to the iconic Seattle-born musician with a Custom Shop, right-handed replica of his legendary 1969 Flying V - the instrument that Jimi famously wielded at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970.
A Custom Shop Recreation
Limited to just 150 pieces worldwide (125 right-handed, 25 left-handed), the 1969 Jimi Hendrix Flying V is a real collector's piece. Crafted by Gibson's Custom Shop division in Nashville, this model is built with incredible attention-to-detail and represents the absolute pinnacle of electric guitar craftsmanship and quality. It notably boasts a 'Murphy Lab' aged finish with artificially-worn gold hardware; capturing the well-played look of a genuine toured instrument.
Featuring period-correct hardware appointments and specs, the Gibson Custom Shop 1969 Hendrix Flying V is a nostalgic time-capsule guitar that will instantly take you back to the golden era of psychedelic rock! Equipped with a set of Gibson's proprietary Custombucker pickups, these help to harness Jimi's much-adored Band of Gypsys-era sound, while a Maestro Short Vibrola tailpiece completes the compelling vintage vibe.
A '67 Flying V neck profile with a 12"-radius Ebony fingerboard offers a comfortable old-school feel, which comes fitted with 22 'Reissue' frets and beautiful 'Split Diamond' mother-of-pearl inlays. Kluson single-line tuning machines with tasteful tulip pegs add further quaint charm to this stunning, reimagined instrument that's perfect for hardcore Hendrix fans.
Plenty of Case Candy!
The Gibson Jimi Hendrix 1969 Flying V comes with a 'Band of Gypsys' hard case that provides apt protection for this high-end, Custom Shop creation. Case candy includes a Hendrix-branded truss rod cover, certificate of authenticity, 5 Hendrix picks and a limited edition 8" x 10" archival print of Jimi Hendrix - courtesy of Kramer Archives and signed by Jimi's legendary engineer/producer Eddie Kramer.
- Body Shape: Flying V
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Murphy Lab Aged
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '67 Flying V
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, with 1-Ply White Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Reissue
- Nut Material: Corian
- Nut Width: 1.6"
- End of Board Width: 2.04"
- Inlays: Split Diamond in Mother of Pearl
- Joint: Set Neck, Short Tenon
- Finish: Aged Gold
- Tuner Plating: Aged Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Saddle Material: Nylon
- Tailpiece: Maestro Short Vibrola
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring Tulip
- Pickguard: '67 Flying V
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 3-Ply Black/White/Black with "Custom" Engraved
- Control Knobs: Black Witch Hats with Gold Inserts and Dial Pointers
- Switch Tip: Black
- Plastic Parts: Black
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Brass; Inside Wing and Back of Heel
- Pickup Covers: Aged Gold
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker
- Controls: 2 Volume, 1 Tone; 500k CTS Potentiometers
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Jimi Hendrix Case
- Accessories: Hendrix-Branded Truss Rod Cover, Certificate of Authenticity, 5 Hendrix Picks, Limited Edition 8" x 10" Archival Print of Jimi Hendrix Courtesy of Kramer Archives, Signed by Engineer/Producer Eddie Kramer