Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
The Fender American Original Jaguar is the best way to get your hands on a modern Jag with all that Fender mojo.
The Jag is popular for being a short-scale alternative to the Strat or Tele. The Jaguar was made popular by players like Johnny Marr who favoured the jag for it's jangly cleans and aggressive, gritty overdrives. The shorter scale also means it's a breeze to play, even with heavier strings.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These guitars have also got a Modern fretboard radius and modern switching. This is helpful because though the old switching systems were period-correct, they weren’t always the most useful to have on-board.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
Here's what Fender say about the American Original Jaguar
Never resting in our mission to make life better for musicians, we created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as our feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists. The American Original '60s Jaguar brings that supple sound and slinky playability to life again, slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
The wax-potted Pure Vintage '62 Jaguar single-coil pickups are as period-correct as possible, from the enamel-coated coil wire to the cloth-covered output wires, fiber bobbins and alnico 5 magnets. We kept the Jaguar's unique circuitry intact for this incarnation; the familiar lead/rhythm circuits are there, along with the bass-cut ""strangle"" switch. Other authentic touches include vintage-tall frets, original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware--including floating tremolo with lock button and push-in arm--vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that not only lets the wood ""breathe"" naturally with resonant tone, it also wears in a distinctively appealing way.
An inspiring instrument, the American Original '60s Jaguar is a great way to experience the performance, style and tone that made Fender the choice of axemen with attitude.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘62 single-coil Jaguar pickups
- Lead/rhythm circuit; bass-cut “strangle” switch
- ""‘60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell (Gold Interior)
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Configuration: SS
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Shape:'60s "C"
- Number of Frets:22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Strings Style: Fender® USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Tremolo Arm: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"