Fender's Made in Japan team do things a little different to everyone else - and we love them for it! The Hybrid Telecaster is a vintage-inspired guitar dressed in unique Japanese style and charm. From the quirky pickguard to the single coil/humbucker pickup combo, this is as classy as a Tele could be.
Made in Japan Fenders don't come our way all that often and are extremely rare in number this side of the world. Make sure you bag yourself a very limited instrument before they're gone for good!
The Hybrid Tele is made of an alder body and maple neck; a classic duo standing the test of time. What is unusual for Fender, however, is the roasted maple fingerboard. This advanced process rids the wood of imperfections, making it extremely durable even through changing heat conditions. The wood also darkens in hue to a luxurious caramel shade.
The "U" shape neck gives the Hybrid Tele a touch of vintage feel. It's balanced out by the standard 9.5 inch radius and sports modern medium jumbo frets for playing ease. Hardware includes a familiar three-saddle ashtray bridge and bone nut for famed Tele reliability.
Akin to a '70s era Fender Tele, the Hybrid is equipped with a Vintage-Style single coil pickup in the bridge position and a chunkier Wide Range humbucker in the neck. The former provides your sparkling dynamic tone, which sounds great with a dash of overdrive. The Wide Range serves up the full fat, thickened leads and direct-sounding cleans.
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Color: Indigo
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: SH
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Chrome Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic