The Fender Telecaster is an iconic shape known for its signature spanky sound and bolt-on construction. The Fender American Professional Telecaster keeps many classic appointments, but features a number of modern enhancements to suit the demands of contemporary players.
This limited edition model is unique for its stunning all-rosewood neck, giving the instrument a much warmer sound and a velvet-like feel.
Body & Neck
In typical Fender fashion, the American Professional Tele features an alder body. This balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and clear highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the Telecaster's crisp-sounding single-coil pickups.
The alder body is joined with a bolt-on rosewood neck, bringing out plenty of low-end roundness and offering a smooth mid-range. A rosewood fingerboard is in-keeping with the dark aesthetic, while providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Shaped to Fender's Modern Deep "C” profile, the Limited Edition American Professional Telecaster's neck strikes the perfect balance between a contemporary and vintage feel. Narrow tall frets are also a thoughtful inclusion, with the 9.5" fingerboard radius keeping traditionalists happy without alienating modern guitarists.
V-Mod Single-Coil Pickups
The American Professional Telecaster achieves its authentic Fender sounds from its vintage-voiced V-Mod single-coils. With a vibrant and punchy character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings but also sound dynamic and potent with overdrive and distortion.
This instrument really is suitable for a wide range of styles, and the Treble Bleed circuit is another cool feature that ensures that the top-end is retained when turning down the volume control.
For keeping the American Professional Telecaster safe on the road, the included Fender case's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "Deep C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rods: Bi-Flex
- Truss Rod Wrench: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Single-Coil Telecaster
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle, Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Compensated Brass Saddles, 6 screw mounting with removable modern "Ashtray" Bridge Cover
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)