Epiphone has collaborated with modern blues virtuoso Joe Bonamassa on a number of occasions, and their latest signature model for the New York-born rocker is based on one of his most treasured guitars - a 1958 "Black Beauty" Les Paul Custom.
Lovingly replicated at an affordable price-point, this stunning limited edition instrument has plenty of vintage charm and a versatile voice - thanks to its trifecta of Epiphone 'ProBucker' pickups. This guitar also comes complete with a Certificate of Authenticity and a hardshell case.
Joe's 1958 "Black Beauty" Les Paul Custom
Joe Bonamassa has one of the world's largest collections of vintage guitars, and he's constantly on the look-out for rare instruments to add to his renowned "Nerdville" museum. An original 1958 Gibson Les Paul Custom in black - otherwise known as the “Black Beauty” - is a prized acquisition of his, and is one of the most coveted electric guitars ever made.
As the eighth signature model from the pre-eminent blues guitarist of his generation, Joe Bonamassa and Epiphone’s luthiers collaborated for two years at the company's headquarters in Nashville to create this spellbinding tribute guitar.
A Stunning Replica
This beautiful recreation provides an era-correct feel with its fat '50s neck profile and non-weight relieved Mahogany body. Aged binding on the body and neck really adds to the old-school look, with unique vintage tuners, Orange Drop capacitors and CTS potentiometers guaranteeing top performance.
Powered by ProBuckers!
A trio of Epiphone's acclaimed ProBucker pickups give the Joe Bonamassa Black Beauty Les Paul Custom a potent sound. While the ProBucker 3 in the bridge position pumps out plenty of output with a barking mid-range, the ProBucker 2s in the middle and neck are much mellower with a rich and creamy tone that's perfect for capturing Joe's signature sound.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply Custom
- Finish: Ebony Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: 50s
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony, Antique Ivory binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- End of Board Width: 2.258"
- Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck; Long Tenon
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Historic
- Pickguard: Les Paul, 5-Ply
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply "Les Paul Custom"
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hat Knobs with Dial Pointers
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black; Rhythm/Treble in Gold Hot Stamp
- Jack Plate Cover: Square Plate; Black PVC
- Plastic Parts: Black; PVC
- Control Covers: Black; PVC
- Strap Buttons: 2 Gold
- Mounting Rings: Black; PVC
- Pickup Covers: Gold
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker 2
- Middle Pickup: ProBucker 2
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker 3
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone; CTS Potentiometers, Orange Drop Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: Switchcraft 3-Way Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Hardshell
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity