Here's What Electro-Voice Have To Say About the ND66:
The ND66 is a robust, high-performance small-diaphragm condenser instrument microphone. Its self-biased small-diaphragm condenser element is vividly responsive to the complex dynamic nature of percussive and stringed instruments, and delivers a clean, crisp and detailed sound. With the ND66’s exclusive locking rotating head , achieve ideal mic placement in virtually any situation by merely pushing a button, rotating the head into position, then releasing the button to lock the head's position.
- Premium small-diaphragm condenser element - Self-biased condenser element is vividly responsive to sound sources that need a mic which translates transient details very well
- Clean, crisp and detailed condenser sound - Captures all details of percussive and stringed instruments
- Easy mic placement with locking pivoting head - Achieve ideal mic placement in virtually any situation by pushing a button, pivoting the head into position and releasing the button to lock
- Selectable -10 and -20 dB pads - Provides the necessary gain reduction to prevent the mic element from overloading
- Selectable 75 Hz and 150 Hz high-pass filters - Selectable HPF frequencies are strategically chosen to eliminate bothersome low frequencies from the signal path