In 1981, the now-venerable Boss SD-1 pedal redefined overdrive tone. Based around the revolutionary asymmetrical clipping circuit from the OD-1 (one of the 3 original Boss compact stompboxes from 1977), the SD-1 was adored for delivering rich, organic and highly-musical gain while preserving the core sonic characteristics of a player's guitar/amp setup — with a subtle mid-boost to add clarity and punch!
Fast-forward 4 decades, and Boss has celebrated the 40th anniversary of its Super Overdrive pedal with the limited edition SD-1-4A — featuring a reversed colour scheme, gold-capped knobs, a vintage silver thumbscrew and a special 40th anniversary logo box. This is the perfect dirt box for Boss aficionados looking for something with plenty of future collectable prestige.
- 40th Anniversary Livery — Reversed black/yellow finish to commemorate 40 years of SD-1 production.
- Unique Asymmetrical Clipping Circuit — Produces tube-like overdrive characteristics, transforming any clean-channel amp into a crunchy rhythm machine, or tightening up the tone of a distorted high-gain monster!
- Dedicated Tone Knob — Wide-range control allows you to go from a warm, singing overdrive to a bright treble-heavy tone that can easily cut through in a mix.
- Renowned Boss Build Quality — Boss pedals have a reputation for being built like tanks, and the SD-1-4A is no exception. These pedals constantly survive the rigours of rock 'n' roll touring, which is why they're seen at the feet of professionals everywhere!
- 5-Year warranty — As standard, all Boss compacts receive a five-year manufacturer warranty.
- Controls: DRIVE Knob, TONE Knob, LEVEL Knob, Pedal Switch
- Bypass: Buffered
- Power: 9V (Battery or PSU)
- Current Draw: 10 mA
- Dimensions: 73 (W) x 129 (D) x 59 (H) mm
- Weight: 360 g, 13 oz