Bohemian Guitars are a small company with big ambitions. Inspired by South African street musicians, designed in Atlanta and manufactured in China, Bohemian’s instruments have pure old-school vibe and sustainability in mind.
With the “oil can” body formed from partially recycled materials and the neck made from reclaimed woods, bohemian also plant a tree with every order that they receive in co-operation with their partner ‘Trees for the Future’.
So if you’re looking for a distinctive guitar and also care for the environment, Bohemian guitars may be just for you!
Construction and Electronics:
The hollow metal body delivers a unique tone, offering an open sound with a rich, “metallic” top-end sparkle. The body is reinforced with a wood frame, ensuring strong structural integrity. This means you can gig with this instrument without any concerns, and this guitar will certainly turn heads!
The maple neck provides a sharp attack with plenty of bite, meaning notes will clearly “pop” and cut through any mix. Dual humbuckers will handle all the low-end and mid-range, meaning this guitar delivers a full sound that is ideal for a range of styles, most notably blues and rock.
A classic 3-way toggle switch allows you to flick between your preferred pickup configuration, with the conventional volume and tone controls letting you manipulate your tone. This no-frills tone machine is one for the purists!
Here's what Bohemian say about the Oil Can Guitar - Motor Oil w/ 2 Humbuckers:
Not meant for the Sunday driver, the Boho Motor Oil is designed for the rocker in all of us. The double-humbucker configuration is built for overdrive. Whether you rock like the British invasion or the sunset strip, the motor oil is as gentle as a chainsaw.
- Model: Motor Oil
- Body: Metal hollow body, removable back panel. Internal wood frame.
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck type: Bohemian Through-Body
- Fretboard: Stained maple wood.
- Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8" .
- Width at 21st Fret: 2 3/8"
- Neck Thickness: 7/8"
- Scale Length: 25 1/2"
- Tuners: Chrome 3R 3L screw in w/ removable keys
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Chrome Tune-o-Matic
- Pickups: Humbucker, humbucker
- Electronics: Volume, Tone
- Switch: 3-way toggle
- Self-standing: This model has a built in stand made from recycled rubber.
- Inspired by South Africa. Designed in Atlanta. Produced in China.