Bogner's Ecstasy pedals offer their legendary amp tones (of the same name) in all-encompassing stompboxes. By removing the battery housing and foot-controllable boost, they've been able to shrink the housing to a smaller, more pedalboard-friendly format. The Ecstasy Blue Mini is, naturally, modelled after the blue channel; gorgeous plexi snarl that goes from smooth sizzle to powerful crunch with ease!
Here's what Bogner say:
This is our successful Ecstasy blue pedal in a small housing, just like the the big brother it captures the classic blue channel tone of the legendary amplifier, acclaimed for its ability to deliver iconic and classic rock-n-roll crunch. Blue delivers stunning Plexi tones, but when the going gets rough, make no mistake - blue can crush on demand.
The Ecstasy blue mini is powered by a 9VDC power supply only! Reinhold’s advanced circuitry internally elevates the voltage to a substantially higher level. This higher voltage provides a greater dynamic range which closely resembles the feel of the Ecstasy amplifier’s legendary tube design.
- True bypass
- Gain and Volume controls
- Active Bass, Middle and Treble tone controls
- Mid frequency range up or down shift trim pot, accessible from bottom
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a “dropped voltage” dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Pre-Eq Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control “openness” and presence of higher range harmonics
- Mode Switch: L - Plexi and M - Blue channel offer vintage lower gain, H - blue channel with boost engaged for higher gain levels
- Jacks: input, output.
- 9VDC connector, no internal battery operation!