Compact and convenient, the Apple USB SuperDrive connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air or Mac mini with a single USB cable, and fits easily into a travel bag. It lets you install software and play and burn both CDs and DVDs, including double-layer DVDs.
Everything you need in an optical drive.
Whether you're at the office or on the road, you can play and burn both CDs and DVDs with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It's perfect when you want to watch a DVD, install software, create backup discs and more.
Take it anywhere.
Only slightly bigger than a CD case, the Apple USB SuperDrive slips easily into your travel bag when you hit the road, and takes up little space on your desk or tray table when you're working.
The essence of simplicity.
You'll never have to worry about lost cables with the Apple USB SuperDrive. It connects to your MacBook Pro with Retina display, MacBook Air or Mac mini with a single USB cable that's built into the SuperDrive. There's no separate power adapter, and it works whether your Mac is plugged in or running on battery power.
What's in the Box
- Apple USB SuperDrive with attached USB cable
- User's Guide
- MacBook Pro with Retina display
- MacBook Air computer
- Mac mini
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVDA+/-R DL/DVDA+/-RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- Size: 139 x 139 x 17 mm (5.47 x 5.47 x 0.67 inches)
- Weight: 335 grams (0.74 pounds)