Put simply, the Arturia KeyStep 37 is a 37-note keyboard controller with a suite of hands-on MIDI controls, smart sequencing and intriguing scale/chord functions. You'll be using these tools, as well as an impressive responsiveness and streamlined workflow to craft your own signature sonics in no time at all!
The bedrock of the instrument is a 37-note keyboard with aftertouch and velocity sensitivity. When played, RGB LED keyboard indicators provide simple and quick note tracking at a glance. This is then combined with a 64-step sequencer (with 8 patterns) and 8-note polyphony (per step). A sleek control panel - equipped with 4 knobs with an LED screen - ensures you have the MIDI-altering capabilities and tools required to get any job done.
Arturia have designed the KeyStep 37 to be the central cog in your setup. It's robust and compact build, paired with wide-ranging connectivity options ensures that it's compatible with a range of external hardware and software - no matter where you find yourself.
Use the MIDI over USB to take charge of your VST instruments; connect synth's using the MIDI in/out; harness mod, gate and CV pitch connections for seamless integration of modular gear; utilise analog sync in/out to ensure your work remains in time - the creative possibilities available to you here are almost endless. All of these options can even be used at the same time!
A selection of interactive controls make your music-creation both fun and intuitive. Experiment with Chord mode, where you can select from 12 contrasting chord variants and strum effects. These voices can be moulded into dynamic, evolving velocity sensitive sections which reflect the response of stringed instruments.
This is augmented by Scale mode; this allows you to map the 3-octave keyboard range using your preferred scale. When a key is played, this then quantises automatically with the closest note in the scale you've decided upon.
You can also use the assignable 16 MIDI CC parameters (working across 4 switchable banks) to fully unlock the potential of your MIDI software and hardware. 4 new controls let you tweak and alter a multitude of settings while you play, making for far more interesting performances!
- MIDI Control Centre
- Ableton Live Lite (for Mac & PC)
- 8-note polyphony (per step).
- 64-step sequencer with 8 patterns.
- 37-note keyboard with aftertouch and velocity.
- RGB LED keyboard indicators for simple note tracking.
- CV, MIDI, USB and clock connectivity options.
- 16 assignable and fully adjustable MIDI CC controls available.
- Use Scale mode to quantise the keyboard to a scale that suits you.
- Select from 5 unique scales, as well as a user-defined scale.
- Chord mode contains 12 unique and contrasting chord voicings, alongside a user-defined chord.
- Note, velocity and strum controls for Chord mode.
- 8 mode arpeggiator (includes a selection of new random modes).
- Overdub and mono recording functions.
- Live recording and step recording sequencer modes.