The Artiphon Orba is not like other instruments on the market, that's for sure. It manages to pack together a MIDI controller, looper and synthesizer, bundling them all together into one compact, robust housing.
Play your Way
You can harness the power and versatility of the synth section in a bunch of ways; touch, wave, tap, glide and use other gestures on the instrument to coax different sounds from the Orba.
You'll be able to experiment with drum, chord, bass and lead synth sounds too - adding more variety and flavour to your tracks.
The looper offers a contrasting tool. Take a loop, and flesh it out further into a full piece. Beats can be looped easily with a couple of touches, making it instantly accessible.
Or if you prefer, use it as an external MIDI controller via the USB connectivity it provides.
Thanks to its clever design, the Orba is incredibly portable and surprisingly rugged. This means you can get creative wherever you might be. And while you're out, you won't have to worry about running out of battery; an integrated lithium-ion battery can be recharged, delivering four hours of use while you're out and about.
You can choose how you listen to any audio too, using either the integrated speaker, or the headphone output.
- Midi Controller, looper and synth all in one.
- Play it by sliding, shaking, waving, tapping and with other gestures.
- Headphone output.
- Built-in gyroscope.
- Touch-sensitive pads.
- MIDI over Bluetooth.
- Use alongside the Orba companion for more settings and extra songs etc.
- Integrated speaker.
- Onboard looper, with four parts - Lead, Chord, Bass, Drum)
- Sound Engine: Synth - (4 part polyphonic synth, with physical and subtractive modelling), Other - Drums, 9 Voices
- Patterns: Custom, Arpeggios, Note Repeat, Chords
- Modes: Lead, Chord, Bass, Drum
- Looper: 4 Track MIDI
- Haptic Engine: Enhanced Feedback (plus metronome and sounds)
- Controllers/Modulation: Lift, Shake, Spin, Tilt, Bump, Wave, Move
- Pad Gestures: Press, Tap, Vibrato, Radiate, Slide, Hover, Hold, Palm
- Battery Life: 4 Hours
- Speakers: 3W Onboard Active Speaker System
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth LE MIDI
- I/O: USB-C (USB 2.0 Class Compliant MIDI/Audio, 3.5mm TRS Analog Headphone Stereo Out