Boss ST-2 Power Stack Guitar Distortion PedalThe world's best known compact pedal manufacturer
There's nothing quite like the sound of a tube guitar amp stack to get the tone taste buds drooling. With the new Boss Power Stack pedal, Boss have bottled some of that tonal goodness, and squeezed it in to a pedal - the Boss Power Stack, or the ST2 for those who like their acronyms!
The Boss Power Stack features a distortion sound based on a tube stack & provides a wide range of tones from vintage crunch to ultra high gain distortion. The SOUND knob controls both the gain & the character, and the pedal also features bass & treble controsl as well as a level control.
As with all Boss pedals, the ST2 Power Stack is built to gig and comes with the Boss 5 year guarantee.
Here's What Boss Say About the ST-2 Power Stack Distortion Pedal
From fat crunch to ultra high-gain distortion, the ST-2 Power Stack delivers famous BOSS distortion with a stunning amount of power that’s akin to coveted tube amps and professional amp stacks. The SOUND knob simultaneously blends gain amount and sound character, so you can quickly dial up anything from vintage crunch and punchy drive to full-assault distortion. To add further detail to your tone, simply tweak the onboard two-band EQ to taste. The ST-2 is one very unique distortion pedal, calling on BOSS’ years of amp modeling research to bring you real stack sounds in a compact stompbox.
Tower of power
The ST-2 delivers the playing feel and power that are hallmarks of stack amps. It was derived from BOSS’s extensive analysis of the sound and characteristics of a vast number of classic guitar amps. This distortion effect delivers authentic tone and expression that responds naturally to picking nuances and volume changes on your guitar. But emulation is only the beginning, as the ST-2 has the ability to go beyond the sound of real amps.
Crunch, drive, ultra high gain
The ST-2 lets you enjoy a rich, clean tone when playing soft, and smoothly transition into a fat crunch as you play harder — great for rock ballads or songs that require dramatic tone shifts. Imagine the powerful, driving sound of a stack amplifier. An authentic classic-rock tone is here as well, with crisp overtones. Turn up the SOUND knob for a heavy-metal tone. The ST-2 allows extreme high gain, but offers a powerful low-end and sharp edge at the same time.
The SOUND knob is a controller that is uniquely BOSS. Simply set it to the tone type you’re looking for. The SOUND knob not only changes gain but sound character as well, from brisk crunch and spectacular drive to earth-shaking ultra high gain.
BOSS compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The ST-2 inherits this BOSS-proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that’s built to withstand decades of demanding use.
- Original distortion sound reminiscent of tube-based stack amplifiers
- Provides a wide range of tones, from vintage crunch to ultra high-gain modern distortion
- Faithful and accurate response to picking nuances and volume changes
- SOUND Knob controls both gain level and sound character
- Two-band EQ with dedicated BASS and TREBLE knobs
- Road-tough BOSS construction
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Buffered bypass
- SOUND knob
- TREBLE knob
- BASS knob
- LEVEL knob
- Pedal switch
- CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- 41 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Carbon: Approx. 3 hours
- Alkaline: Approx. 9 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
Size and Weight (Including Battery)
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 440 g (1 lb)
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 20 December 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
UK Delivery £4.99