The Catalinbread Giygas pedal delivers fierce, grainy fuzz tones that can transform any dull-sounding amplifier into a ferocious fire-breather! Boasting a plethora of useful options, the Giygas provides you with a wide tonal palette along and goes beyond what most generic fuzz stompboxes can do.
Catalinbread's Giygas is an incredibly powerful tone tool that pummels the front-end of any amplifier into sonically-sweet saturation. With a 3-transistor fuzz circuit that forms a harmonically-rich wall of sound, this also feeds a JFET-equipped clean blend circuit that can get 100% dry or wet with zero harmonic distortion.
After the blending, the signal feeds two cascading EQ stages - the first being a 10dB mid boost/cut at 900Hz, and the second being a tilt-style EQ that simultaneously boosts and cuts frequencies above and below 900Hz by up to 10dB. With the Blend control rolled all the way back, you can use just the powerful high-headroom EQ to sculpt your clean tone. If you want to use the Giygas with bass, you can flip an internal switch that re-centres both mids and EQ to 250Hz.
Plenty of Control
- Mids - The centre position is flat, no frequencies are affected. The Mids control is an active mid boost or cut at 900Hz, with up to 10dB of boost/cut. This helps the fuzz jump out of the mix with ease. The bandwidth of the mid boost is wide enough to interact with the EQ knob in interesting ways.
- Blend - This knob blends between clean and fuzz sounds, from 100% dry to 100% wet. This lets you preserve some natural guitar tone or pre-dialled frequencies which lets your tone breathe. Be aware that you will have to adjust the volume accordingly when turning this knob.
- Fuzz - Goes from "a little" to "a lot". There are a ton of different flavours on tap, and the Giygas is equipped with a small "treble retention circuit" that keeps the chime present even when Fuzz is at zero. Rolling the Fuzz control back brings all sorts of lower-gain garage rock textures to the surface.
- EQ - The EQ control is a tilt style with the centre frequency at 900Hz. When rolled up, this knob boosts everything above 900Hz and cuts everything below. When rolled down, the knob boosts everything below 900Jz and cuts everything above. The maximum boost and cut is 10dB on either side.
- Loud - This control is very aptly named. When the Blend knob is rolled all the way back, full Loud will give you a slightly boosted signal. But when the Blend and Loud knobs are all the way up - everyone within a one-mile radius will call the cops!
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 18mA
- Height: 1.96"
- Width: 2.36"
- Depth: 4.33"
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- Features: Internal bass mode switch