Boss’ 200 Series combines stunning studio-quality sound with their trademark rugged, clean-cut design. This totally new form factor offers unprecedented versatility, value, pro-grade features and tactility – plus an eye-catching sci-fi aesthetic to boot.
The DD-200 Digital Delay summarises the core features of Boss’ flagship DD-500 in a space-saving format. With 12 delay modes from classic to state-of-the-art, plus a built-in looper, you simply can’t go wrong.
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 versatile modes provide a wide range of delay types
- Fast, easy operation with hands-on controls
- Real-time panel setting and four memories for storing favourite sounds
- Phrase looper with up to 60 seconds of recording time
- Panel Lock function disables controls to prevent unwanted changes
- Customizable multi-function footswitches for bypass, tap tempo, memory selection, looper control, and more
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI compatibility with mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately) for chaining 200 series pedals together
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Analog dry through and buffered bypass
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
With 12 modes of delay, the DD-200 is an all-terrain ambience vehicle. From warbling Space Echo to futuristic shimmer & pad sounds, you’re covered. Not only that; the interface is designed to allow you to easily dial in your favourite sounds with minimal hassle.
No menu-diving, no software required. The essential parameters are right in front of you, with the Param knob offering different functions depending on the sound you’re working with. You get 4 onboard slots to save your favourite presets, as well as a real-time Manual mode that reflects the current interface settings. Finally, the carryover function means your delay will continue ringing even when you change presets – no more clunky sound changes.
When you press the DD-200’s two footswitches together, you activate looper mode. This gives you up to 60 seconds of mono recording time, with a selection of simple and direct controls thanks to the onboard switches. In addition, the looper behaves independently, so you can build expressive loops with any of the DD-200’s rich delay sounds.
DD-200 Delay Modes
- Standard - Clear digital delay. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- Analog - Emulates classic analog “BBD” delays like the BOSS DM series. PARAM controls character and distortion amount.
- Tape - Emulates the warm tape-based sound of the legendary Roland RE-201 Space Echo. PARAM selects different combinations of three playback heads, and also adjusts the amount of distortion in the delay sound.
- Drum - Models the drum-based Binson Echorec 2. PARAM selects different combinations of four playback heads, and also adjusts the amount of distortion in the delay sound.
- Shimmer - Pitch-shifted delay for lush, heavenly textures. PARAM adjusts the delay brightness.
- Tera Echo - Spacious, animated ambience effect derived from the BOSS TE-2 pedal. PARAM adjusts the sound character.
- Pad Echo - Newly developed delay sound for creating drifting ambient textures. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- Pattern - Rhythmic sounds with 16 delay lines layered together. PARAM selects different pattern variations.
- Lo-Fi - Delay sound with fat, distorted character. PARAM adjusts the distortion effect.
- Dual - Two different delay lines connected in series. PARAM adjusts the time of the second delay.
- Reverse - Backwards delay for cool psychedelic effects and other unique tones. PARAM adjusts the delay attack.
- Ducking - Delay with a built-in ducking effect. PARAM adjusts the input sensitivity.