Epiphone's Inspired by Gibson range is a stunning homage to some of the most famous guitars ever made. Better yet, you get all the iconic features that made the original instruments great at a price that won't have you counting pennies.
The Hummingbird is an instantly recognisable acoustic boasting a square shoulder dreadnought shape and that pickguard. Like the Gibson J-200, it excels in big, grandiose strumming for rock and country, but also brings a more diverse wheelhouse capable of folk fingerpicking tones. A great choice for players after all-round characterful vibes.
Made of a solid mahogany and sitka spruce top, the Hummingbird relies on a tried on tested combination for its gorgeous warmth and strong acoustic projection. An acoustic for any situation.
Attached is a comfortable rounded “C” neck with a familiar 24.74 inch scale length fretboard containing contemporary medium-jumbo frets. Embedded are classy mother of pearl split parallelogram inlays to complete the look. Hardware features gold Epiphone deluxe machine heads, an ever-reliable bone nut and saddle combo, and sleek ivory colour pins.
Need some extra oomph? Plug the Hummingbird into a PA system (and sound great) thanks to a Fishman Sonicore pickup and Sonitone volume and tone controls.
- Body Shape: Square Shouldered Dreadnought
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Side: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Quarter Sawn Spruce
- Binding: Ivory and Black 6-ply (top) and 4-ply (back)
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Rounded C
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel, Antique Ivory binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12.01"
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Split Parallelogram
- Joint: Glued in, Tapered Dovetail Set Neck
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: Reverse Belly - Indian Laurel
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe with press in gold bushings
- Pickguard: Hummingbird Tortoise Shell with Graphics : Epoxy Style
- TrussRod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply, HUMMINGBIRD in white
- Bridge Pins: Ivory
- Strap Buttons: 2 - bottom and side of heel
- Under Saddle Pickup: Fishman Sonicore
- Controls: Fishman Sonitone Soundhole Volume and Tone controls
- Output Jack: 1/4" Endpin Jack
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone