The Victory Super Duchess is a 100w version of their incredibly popular Duchess lunchbox head. It's got tons of headroom for players looking for the ultimate clean sound - think big fat bass response and glassy top-end response. It's perfect for the plug n play approach if you prefer cranking the amp and controlling your sound from your guitar or using it as a pedal platform.
The amp has also been designed to fit perfectly onto the famous Victory 1x12 and 2x12 vertical cabinets.
The Super Duchess is a single channel amp however it has 2 different voicings so that you can match the amps tone with the guitar you're using.
Voice 1 has an American style EQ response with a slightly scooped mid and bolder top-end and bottom-end. This is a great match for a guitar that might have a strong mid-range - like most humbuckers.
Voice 2 has more of a mid-range kick and will get your single coils to really fatten up in the mix. It will also provide single coil.
If you need to adjust the overall headroom of your amp for studio use or want to bring the overall volume down a bit for smaller gigs you can switch power down from 100w to 30w.
Valve driven spring reverb & tremolo
As you'd expect with any boutique clean amp, the spring reverb is valve driven. Victory have also included a tone control for you to adjust the verb from bright and springy to dark and spongy.
The Tremolo circuit is also valve driven to give you access to those old-school American style surf tones or moody ambience.
Here's what Victory say about the V140 Super Duchess 100w Head
- Single Channel…and yet plenty of scope in drive. Bold, high-headroom cleans to touch-responsive classic overdrive. Hit it with pedals, or crank it and control from the guitar. Or both!
- Voice I & Voice II - Voice 1 is closer to a mid-’60s-type American EQ response. Voice II is subtly stronger in the mids for more punch and drive. You may prefer either with different guitars.
- Mid-kick switch - Works with the middle EQ pot for two additional levels of stronger, more focussed upper mids, either clean or driven. 1 is a subtle kick, 2 is more strident and projecting.
- Valve-driven spring reverb, footswitchable - A long-tank reverb tray offers a huge wash or just a hint. The tone control makes it bright and springy, or warm and dark as you prefer.
- Valve-driven tremolo and fotswitchable - Perfect for subtle moody ambience or staccato rhythmic phrases. Wonderfully evocative with plenty of ’verb added!
- High & Low power - 100 watts high / 30 watts low.
- Hard bypassable series effects loop - Sits between pre and power stages. Completely out of the circuit when bypassed with a rear panel switch.
- External bias test points & adjustment - No need to fiddle inside the amp when you change output valves.
- TRS connection for reverb and tremolo - Dual-button switch supplied, or any latching TRS switch / control function will work.
- Valves: 4x 12AX7, 4x 6L6
- Size: 480mm(w) x 295mm(h) x 235mm(d)
- Weight: 12.5kg
- Two button footswitch for reverb and tremolo included
- Slip cover included