Spectrasonic's flagship psychoacoustic virtual synth with STEAM Engine technology is back, and even better than ever. Version 2.6 has some amazing new features that offer a vast set of possibilities to explore.
Please note: Version 2.6 still comes in the version 2 packaging however it is fully updated.
So What's New in version 2.6?
Version 2.6 of Spectrasonics Omnisphere is available now, adding major new enhancements to the Omnisphere Arpeggiator and hugely expanding the Hardware Synth Integration feature with full support for over 65 Hardware Synths.
The new update more than doubles the number of profiles, adding support for iconic synths including the Roland Juno-106, Super Jupiter, Alesis Andromeda and the Roland D-50. Also added are 600 brand new patches and this update is completely FREE for all registered Omnisphere 2 users.
Major Arpeggiator Update
Omnisphere’s Arpeggiator gets a major update in v2.6 with brand new creative tools, making it one of the most flexible arpeggiators ever. The many innovations include new Pattern Modes, Step Dividers, Pitch Slides and the ability to alter Chord Voicings and Chord Inversions per step.
Also included is a new Arpeggiator Preset Library showcasing all the creative possibilities. In addition, Omnisphere 2.6 now captures the MIDI data of the arpeggiator as a standard MIDI file, which can be dragged to any DAW for further editing.
Expanded Hardware Synth Integration
Omnisphere’s unique and innovative Hardware Synth Integration bridges the physical experience gap for the user between software and hardware, offering intuitive control of Omnisphere by using the familiar layout of their hardware synth.
With the new 2.6 release, many requested hardware synth profiles have been added, including support for over 65 popular hardware synthesizers from Moog®, Sequential®, Roland®, Korg®, Novation®, Nord®, Behringer®, Access®, Studiologic® and Yamaha®. The supported hardware synths cover a wide array of form factors and price ranges for different types of users.
Omnisphere 2.6 features an “Hardware Library” boasting 600 new patches created by Eric Persing and the acclaimed Spectrasonics Sound Development team. Notably, the update takes Eric’s original sound design work from the classic 1987 Roland D-50 into new sonic territory with Omnisphere’s vast synthesis capabilities.
One of the most exciting new features to come to Omnisphere 2! You can now use your own music or in fact any audio file as a sound source in Omnisphere 2. Just drag and drop your sound file into the interface and listen as you pull it apart and create something that is barely recognizable from the original recording. Whether you start with a smooth jazz session or string quintet, you've got a powerful selection of creative tools to reform into a brand new sound, including granular Synthesis, Harmonia, Innerspace and many others.
Vast New Synthesis Possibilities.
The Synth Section on Omnisphere 2 has been massively developed to allow for a huge pallette of tones for a sound designer. If you love creating your own sounds from scratch, you'll love the over 400 New DSP Wave forms available on the synth oscillator.
There's deeper Wavetable and Granular Synthesis options, more powerful modulation capabilities and 8 new filter types.
Now Includes over 12,000 Sounds
Whether you like creating sounds from scratch, or just tweaking ready made patches to make them your own, Omnisphere 2 has you covered.
You get over 12,000 sounds spanning a wide range of tones, including a new "Spotlight EDM" library and an innovative range of sound sources for you to work with and make your own.
New Arpeggiator Features
Omnisphere features a powerful arpeggiator that bring even the most static sounds to life. A fantastic way of creating grooves and patterns, the Arpeggiator now features note transposition so that you can get step sequencer style patterns, as well as a speed offset control so that you can give your sounds more depth and unpredictability.
The FX section has also been developed with 25 new effects units, as well as hundreds of new FX presets and racks.
New Granular Layout
The Granular page of Omnisphere 2.5 now sports a full waveform display and a clearer view of what each of the grains are doing at any moment. This new layout makes it far more intuitive to grasp how Omnisphere’s powerful Granular Synthesis engine is working on the audio source.
- Now includes over 12,000 inspiring sounds for all types of music production
- New Interface with Enhanced Browsing and “Zooming” into deeper synthesis levels
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock™ feature gives endless variations by locking sound aspects while browsing
- New "Spotlight EDM" library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm for amazing transformations
- 58 incredible FX Units, which are fully integrated and can be modulated
- Creative “Psychoacoustic” sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- ORB circular motion interface allows infinitely-shifting variations
- Deeper FM/Ring Modulation capabilities for aggressive timbres
- Dual Filter architecture includes more than 28 Filter algorithms in series or parallel
- Performance-oriented Live Mode allows for seamless patch layering on the fly
- Flex-Mod™ modulation system allows powerful, modular-style matrix routing
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch-layering, splits, and crossfades
- New Mini-Browser available at all times plus larger Full Browser design
- Up to 10 oscillators per patch can be either DSP synth or sample-based
- Eight independent Arpeggiators with unique Groove Lock™ feature
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting/Crushing, Waveshaping and Reduction
- Six full-featured LFOs per patch, with syncing and complex waveforms
- Eight Envelopes with both simple ADSR-style or advanced multi-breakpoint interfaces
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third-party libraries
- Sample-based soundsources can be processed with synthesis features
- Includes FREE Omni TR® iPad remote app
...and much, much more!