Spectrasonic's flagship psychoacoustic virtual synth with STEAM Engine technology is back, and even better than ever. Version 2.5 has some amazing new features that offer a vast set of possibilities to explore.
Please note: Version 2.5 still comes in the version 2 packaging however it is fully updated.
So What's New in version 2.5?
Underpinning all the new features in Omnisphere 2.5 is the Interface. Looking even better than ever, and with many improvements to help with navigation and general use, the new interface offers a fantastic workflow that aids beginners whilst offering unrestricted access to seasoned pros.
This new interface includes an enhanced browsing experience so that you can quickly find the exact sound you were looking for, despite the vast range of options. You can browse patches by mood, Genre and even by oscillator type. Theres also advanced features like Sound Match that will instantly find any patches that sound similar in your library. Or Sound Lock which will allow you to select specific aspects of a sound and lock them in so that you can really drill down to the specific sound you want.
Hardware Synth Integration
This remarkable innovation bridges the physical experience gap between software and hardware, giving users intuitive control of Omnisphere by using the familiar layout of their supported hardware synth. The initial release officially supports over 30 popular hardware synthesizers from Moog®, Dave Smith Instruments®, Roland®, Korg®, Novation®, Nord, Access, Studiologic, Sequential® and more to come. The supported hardware synths cover a wide range of types and price ranges for different types of users.
New Hardware Sound Library
Omnisphere 2.5 includes a stunning new “Hardware Library” with over 1,000 new patches created by Eric Persing and the renowned Spectrasonics Sound Development team. Each hardware profile has a corresponding set of sounds in the Hardware Library which were specially designed using that hardware synth as an Omnisphere controller. These inspiring new sounds feature a wide range of categories and many have a distinctly ‘classic analog’ flavor! Best of all, the new sounds are available for ALL users, regardless of using the hardware or not!
One of the most exciting new features to come to Omnisphere 2! You can now use your own music or in fact any audio file as a sound source in Omnisphere 2. Just drag and drop your sound file into the interface and listen as you pull it apart and create something that is barely recognizable from the original recording. Whether you start with a smooth jazz session or string quintet, you've got a powerful selection of creative tools to reform into a brand new sound, including granular Synthesis, Harmonia, Innerspace and many others.
Vast New Synthesis Possibilities.
The Synth Section on Omnisphere 2 has been massively developed to allow for a huge pallette of tones for a sound designer. If you love creating your own sounds from scratch, you'll love the over 400 New DSP Wave forms available on the synth oscillator.
There's deeper Wavetable and Granular Synthesis options, more powerful modulation capabilities and 8 new filter types.
Now Includes over 12,000 Sounds
Whether you like creating sounds from scratch, or just tweaking ready made patches to make them your own, Omnisphere 2 has you covered.
You get over 12,000 sounds spanning a wide range of tones, including a new "Spotlight EDM" library and an innovative range of sound sources for you to work with and make your own.
New Arpeggiator Features
Omnisphere features a powerful arpeggiator that bring even the most static sounds to life. A fantastic way of creating grooves and patterns, the Arpeggiator now features note transposition so that you can get step sequencer style patterns, as well as a speed offset control so that you can give your sounds more depth and unpredictability.
The FX section has also been developed with 25 new effects units, as well as hundreds of new FX presets and racks.
New Granular Layout
The Granular page of Omnisphere 2.5 now sports a full waveform display and a clearer view of what each of the grains are doing at any moment. This new layout makes it far more intuitive to grasp how Omnisphere’s powerful Granular Synthesis engine is working on the audio source.
- Now includes over 12,000 inspiring sounds for all types of music production
- New Interface with Enhanced Browsing and “Zooming” into deeper synthesis levels
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere
- Over 400 New DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Sound Lock™ feature gives endless variations by locking sound aspects while browsing
- New "Spotlight EDM" library with cutting-edge, modern sounds
- Powerful New Granular Synthesis algorithm for amazing transformations
- 58 incredible FX Units, which are fully integrated and can be modulated
- Creative “Psychoacoustic” sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each waveform is now a Morphing Wavetable
- ORB circular motion interface allows infinitely-shifting variations
- Deeper FM/Ring Modulation capabilities for aggressive timbres
- Dual Filter architecture includes more than 28 Filter algorithms in series or parallel
- Performance-oriented Live Mode allows for seamless patch layering on the fly
- Flex-Mod™ modulation system allows powerful, modular-style matrix routing
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch-layering, splits, and crossfades
- New Mini-Browser available at all times plus larger Full Browser design
- Up to 10 oscillators per patch can be either DSP synth or sample-based
- Eight independent Arpeggiators with unique Groove Lock™ feature
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting/Crushing, Waveshaping and Reduction
- Six full-featured LFOs per patch, with syncing and complex waveforms
- Eight Envelopes with both simple ADSR-style or advanced multi-breakpoint interfaces
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third-party libraries
- Sample-based soundsources can be processed with synthesis features
- Includes FREE Omni TR® iPad remote app
...and much, much more!