The Source Audio Atlas Compressor offers a comprehensive collection of compression circuits that perfectly capture the tone and feel of the industry’s most sought-after compressors. Straight out of the box, Atlas delivers six different styles of compression, ranging from classic stompbox compressors like the now-discontinued Diamond Optical Compressor to high-end rack units such as the snappy 1176 compressor and the smooth and gentle LA2A optical compressor.
Atlas also features advanced dual-band compression, which provides an independent set of controls for both the high and low frequencies. Each compression engine has onboard controls for Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Output, Tone, and Blend, allowing for fine-tuned control over the compact One Series hardware.
- 6 Types of Compression: The Atlas offers many different styles of compression with sounds inspired by studio rack gear and classic effects pedals.
- LA2A Optical Compression: A faithful recreation of an electro luminescent panel combined with a photo resistor and the resulting warm and smooth compression that has been the standard in studios since the 1950s.
- 1176 Feedback FET Compression: Based on the solid state FET compressor known for its full body and super-fast attack.
- LED Optical Compressor: Inspired by pedals that work on a similar concept as the LA2A, but swap the electro luminescent panel for an LED and a quicker, dirtier response.
- Dual Compressors: Use Atlas’ dual compressors in a variety of ways: in Series, Parallel, or Band Split mode, which provides a separate set of controls for both high and low frequencies.
- Studio Level Compression Controls: Access all the essential compression parameters including Feedback, Ratio, Attack, Release, Makeup Gain, Mix, and Tone, either with the pedal’s knobs or the Neuro Editor.
- Special Bass Mode: With the push of a button, quickly convert Atlas to a special Bass Mode with compressor engines specifically optimized for bass.
- Auto Makeup Gain: Dial in sounds quickly. Atlas automatically increases or decreases the Makeup Gain depending on the amount of compression.
The Atlas Compressor responds to MIDI Program Change (PC) and Continuous Controller (CC) messages via its mini USB port. The USB port handles communication between the Atlas and digital audio workstations (DAW) on Mac and Windows machines as well as external MIDI controllers with USB host support (we recommend the DMC.micro from Disaster Area Designs).
- Preset Saving – Save up to 128 effect presets.
- MIDI Mapping – Use the Neuro Desktop Editor to easily map MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages to a comprehensive list of parameters.
- Preset Recall - Use MIDI CC numbers 103 & 104 to recall any of the Spectrum's 128 MIDI accessible presets.
- The Neuro Hub - Connect the Spectrum to the Neuro Hub and use MIDI CC messages to control parameters or recall presets.
Note: As of Hub fw 1.18 and Spectrum fw 1.05, the Spectrum can now be added to scenes, is visible through the Hub, and can be controlled by PC messages, giving you the full access to 128 preset slots.
- Includes 9V DC power supply (300mA / Negative Tip)
- Includes 1/8” to 1/4” cable for Neuro Mobile App connection
- Power Consumption — 165mA
- USB port — Connects to Mac or Windows PC for firmware updates and the forthcoming in-depth effects editing software
- Brushed anodized aluminium housing
- Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs)
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+