Here's what Warm Audio say about the WA-47JR Vintage FET Microphone:
Like Father. Like Son.
The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr utilizes the same "true '47" k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
Quality components make a better mic.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage part. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path then paired with an excellent true '47 style capsule allows this mic to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone at a much lower price tag.
Microphone, Shockmount, Hardmount, Zipper storage pouch.
3 Polar Patterns
Cardiod, Figure-Of-Eight & Omnidirectional
High Pass Filter
A 70hz high pass filter is available for reducing rumble and other subsonic information.
A -10dB pad switch is available on the WA-47jr. The pad exists internally within the active circuitry.
• FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
• Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
• Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
• Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
• High-pass filter: 70Hz
• Pad: -10db
• Self-noise: 9dBA
• Dynamic range: 138dBA
• Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
• Output Impedance: 100 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
• Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
• S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
• 48v phantom powered
• 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
• Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
• Nickel Plated
• Weight: 1.1 lbs
• Diameter: 52mm
• Length: 210mm