Nektar offer the cream of the crop when it comes to USB controllers. The Panorama series not only look good but are packed full of awesome features to help you get more creative in your DAW. With a balanced keyboard, a gorgeous display, 93 real-time controls and deep integration with 4 of the most popular instrument focused DAW's on the market, the Panorama keyboard is simply the bees knees when it comes to a full music production keyboard.
Deep integration with your DAW
The Panorama series has been designed to integrate seamlessly with 4 instrument heavy and midi rich music production software platforms. So if you want to make the most of the Panorama's features you'll want to be working in one of these 4 DAWs;
- Logic Pro
- Bitwig Studio
You can of course use this Nektar Keyboard with most DAW's; however, with these 4 great platforms, the Panorama can use a dedicated communication protocol that ties all the functions directly so that you don't need to worry about re-assigning faders as the system is already assigned to 3 modes that give access to all the controls you require. This releases your creative freedom to create and tweak on the fly, allows you to focus fully on your music.
A Balanced Keyboard
One of the things that can immediately turn you off a keyboard and stilt your creativity is the feel of the keyboard. It could be too springy or feel like you're playing through treacle, but if it doesn't feel right, you cant give the detailed performance you expect. The Panorama uses a weighted keyboard action so that the keys are neither too springy or too slow. This gives a clean and precise movement that feels great to play and won't leave you frustrated after a long session.
It's not just the feel though, the panorama is much more sensitive to your performance than most controller keyboards on the market. There's a much wider dynamic range so the musicality in your performance can really shine. Combine this with monophonic aftertouch, pitch bend and modulation wheels, and connections for you to add pedals, the panorama really is a musicians keyboard.
The Panorama has so many different functions and assignable controls that there is the feel and essense of the console workflow. Along with a multitude of controls you might expect on the most full featured keyboard controllers, you even get a full size motorized fader for pro-console mixer channel control of your sessions.
You can use this wide range of controls in a variety of ways with a quick mode flick. To help you navigate your way, Nektar have fitted a crystal clear 3.5" colour TFT display that gives you all the information you need to work out where you are and where you're going. Simple!
- 49 or 61 note weighted (semi-) velocity-sensitive keyboard w/aftertouch
- 5 velocity curves plus fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- PB1/2 buttons
- 4 keyboard zones programmable with controller filters and program changes
- 5 keyboard maps store all settings
- 12 pads with velocity and pressure sensitivity
- 7 velocity curves
- Scale mode with 30+ scales and interval setting
- Velocity spread functions spreads the selected pad assignment over all 12 pads, at different velocity levels
- Transpose and Octave shift in both pad-map and scale mode
- Pads freely assignable in Reason mode
- Load or Save to any of 20 pad maps
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 11 dedicated transport buttons
- 20 preset locations store all settings including links to keyboard, pad and F-keys maps
- 11 assignable Function Keys (accessible using shift and tranport keys)
- Load or Save to any of 10 F-Keys maps
- F-Keys assignable even in 3 Reason modes
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 6 dedicated assignable navigation buttons
- ASCII/QWERTY macros assignable to buttons and pads
- 3.5” high-resolution TFT display provides incredible navigation and user visibility
- Incredible Reason implementation that lets you use Reason, as if it's hardware
- 4 modes when used with Reason switch between Mixer, Instrument, Transport and Internal
- Presets and setup files for major DAW's and VIs
- Expression pedal 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- MIDI output
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 compatible (Windows XP is not supported at this time).
- Reason 5/6/6.5/7 Cubase LE/Elements/Artist/Studio version 5/6/6.5/7
- *Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader
Weight & Dimensions
Dimensions: 33 2/8"(L) x 13"(D) 3 6/8"(H)
Weight: 14 Lbs
Dimensions: 39 5/8"(L) x 13"(D) 3 6/8"(H)
Weight: 17 Lbs