Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
1960 was the last year of production for the original Les Paul Standard. Nearly identical to a 1959 model except for a few specs, the '60 Les Paul Standard most notably featured a fast-playing 'SlimTaper' neck profile — beloved by the many famous musicians who played '60 "Bursts", including Eric Clapton, Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney. It also has "reflector" volume & tone knobs and wider "double-ring" tuner tips.
The Custom Shop 1960 Les Paul Standard Reissue is a detailed clone of the originals, from its hide-glue construction to its chemically re-engineered plastic parts. Each one is built with extreme care, reverence and attention-to-detail by expert Custom Shop craftspeople who are committed to providing an authentic vintage ownership experience.
- Mahogany Construction — Timeless tonewood (used for the body/neck) yields the thick and sustain-rich sound synonymous with Gibson guitars.
- Non-Weight Relieved Body — Old-school design; gives the instrument a substantial feel and captures that iconic vintage sound.
- Nitrocellulose 'VOS' Finish — Traditional lacquer; allows the guitar to "breathe" and resonate more freely. It'll age beautifully over time too!
- 1960 SlimTaper Neck Shape — Thin profile allows for fast playability at all areas of the Mahogany neck.
- Indian Rosewood Fingerboard — Silky material that introduces warm complexities into the tonal mix; featuring a comfortable 12" radius and 22 frets.
- Authentic Medium Jumbo Frets — Offer a controllable feel for wide vibrato and pitch-perfect string bends.
- Gibson Custombucker Pickups — Provide nostalgic 'PAF' humbucking tones; featuring alnico III magnets that produce a punchy mid-range character with smooth, rounded highs.
- ABR-1 Bridge — Legendary Gibson 'Tune-O-Matic' design. Easily-adjustable and maximises string vibration transference through the body.
- Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case — Perfectly protects this exquisite Custom Shop creation against knocks on the road!
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: 1960 SlimTaper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Single Line, Double Ring
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Silver Reflector Inserts
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch Case
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (with Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags