Here's what Behringer have to say:
The first 2500 series synth modules came out in the 70's and tended to be extremely expensive. They were mainly all discrete transistor designs with some op-amps as at the time op-amps were high cost. The discrete circuitry gave the modules a very distinctive sound and were used by artists like The Who, Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk and so many more, giving us some of the greatest records and film soundtracks we’ve ever heard. Modular synths were a landmark development in electronic music and today, it’s about to get better.
This is the Behringer 2500 series CLOCKED SEQUENTIAL CONTROL MODULE 1027. An authentic reproduction of the original “System 2500” circuitry from the 70s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case. The best part? It’s at a very affordable price. Mix the CLOCKED SEQUENTIAL CONTROL MODULE 1027 in with your existing rig or start your modular synth journey from here. Either way you’re sure to have a lot of fun.
The CLOCKED SEQUENTIAL CONTROL MODULE 1027 is a classic 8-step 3 channel sequencer. The 1027 features integral 8-step counter with a large rate control knob and low/high range switch to set the perfect tempo for your masterpiece, the counter also features a pulse width control and a switch to enable external control for added flexibility, a large illuminated on/off switch and manual step and reset switches. The 3 sets of 8 color coded knobs allow you full control over the 3 CV output voltages to control external VCO frequency or filter cut off frequency for each step of the sequence.
The 1027 gives you comprehensive connectivity. The step and reset inputs allow remote control of the step rate and sequencer reset, while the on/off inputs allow other modules to start and stop the sequence. With the rate and width inputs you have full CV control of step rate and pulse width. Included are 3 sequencer outputs, provided to control any modules of your choice, as well as a clock output from the step counter. And finally, 8 position gate outputs that allow you to trigger other modules from any of the 8 steps.
- Classic 1027 clocked sequential controller module from the '70s
- Authentic reproduction of the circuitry from the "2500" Series
- Contains an integrated circuit 8-step counter and 3 channels (A, B and C) of control voltages
- 8 rows of 3 controls provide 3 independently adjustable voltage outputs for each step of the counter
- Built-in time base generator allows the sequencer to step automatically
- Each row has an adjacent LED indicator to display the sequencer count
- Illuminated push button is used to start and stop the internal clock
- Rate of the internal clock can be adjusted from a stepping rate of 20 per minute to 400 per second by adjusting the Pulse Repetition Frequency control and the external rate control signal
- Internal clock can be turned on and off by applying pulses on the appropriate input connections
- Clock pulse width and duration of the step voltages is adjusted from 0 to 100% by the Pulse Width control and the external width control signal
- With the clock turned off the sequencer may be stepped along and reset manually using the front panel push buttons
- Control voltages on channel A, B and C range between 0 to 10 V
- The 1027 can be used to control other 2500 Series modules including the 1026 Preset Voltages or 1050 Mix Sequencer modules
- Cable connections are provided on the rear of the PCB for this purpose (cable included)
- Eurorack specs: 26 HP, 50 mA +12 V, 30 mA -12 V