Eddie Kramer has five decades of work under his belt - with a portfolio spanning mixing, producer and engineering for some of the world's biggest rock bands and artists. He helped to mould the sound of these acts, becoming just as iconic as the musicians he was working with. This Legacy of Rock SDX pack features his very own selection of drums recorded by the man himself, paying homage to his storied career and legacy in the process.
The London rock scene was the place to be during the sixties and the seventies, with a buzz and level of interest that made it one of the biggest genres of the day. This is where the Legacy of Rock SDX focuses on, mapping Eddie's earlier steps and drum sounds within this world. And what a start he had. He worked with the likes of Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and The Rolling Stones - all within the first two decades of his career!
The bedrock of the pack is the five complete drum kits; these have been customised to reflect a particular timeless sound or era from Eddie's discography. They were all captured in the legendary Studio 1 at AIR in London. This was done by recording them through carefully selected signal chains consisting of vintage microphones, which were augmented by a range of rare gear that was sourced sourced especially for the occasion.
You'll also get six snares, three additional kicks, and a wide selection of cymbals to choose from. Add to this a pair of gongs, two timpani, and kits boasting mallet, brushes, and finger/hand samples, and you've got plenty of ammunition here to craft your ideal old-school rock drum sound.
- Recorded by world-renowned engineer, mixer and producer, Eddie Kramer, in the famous Studio 1 at AIR in London.
- Includes five complete kits, each modelled on a major sound/era from Eddie's career.
- Contains a variety of different drum MIDI, each paying homage to iconic songs from Eddie's career.
- A range of custom presets meticulously engineered by Eddie Kramer himself.
- Recorded using an extra five room microphones (allowing for playback in stereo/up to 5.1 systems).
- Use kits which include mallets, brushes, and finger/hand samples.
- Comes with 36-inch and 60-inch gongs, as well as two timpani.
- Six snares, three additional kicks, plus a suite of cymbals to choose from.
- Requires Superior Drummer 3.