Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH in Caramelised Ash
This guitar is the premium shredders guitar. Guthrie first got his own sig model in 2014 when Charvel built him a super-guitar. It’s widely regarded as one of the best new guitars in the last few years for its sheer playability.
The 2017 model is an update on what was already a phenomenal instrumental. The all new Caramelized Ash finish with a torrefied Ash body - a thermal process to remove the moisture from the wood, so this guitar will sound and feel much older.
The caramelised finish is a thing of beauty, giving your brand new guitar a stage worn look that looks natural and classy.
With a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, you can get a wonderful array of tones out of this beast.
With a specially contoured neck and no neck plate, the guitar is built to give you easy access all the way up to the 24th fret. And if you want to tweak the truss rod, there’s a convenient adjustment wheel between the neck and the neck pickup.
Packed with features and thoughtful design built around the player, the Guthrie signature brings together versatility, playability and a dynamic tonal range.
Here’s what Charvel say about the Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelised Ash
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing. Charvel spent two years of meticulous development with Govan to first introduce his Guthrie Govan signature model in 2014, and it’s the ultimate ultra-pro guitar. Loaded with special features and high-performance appointments, it's truly the ideal expression of Govan's artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
For 2017, Charvel is offering new incarnations of Govan’s models, including the Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash.
This 25.5” scale guitar offers a caramelized ash San Dimas body with a thin satin lacquer finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is two-piece flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand-rubbed urethane gel on the back of the neck and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the compoundradius (12"-16") flame maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders, as well as Luminlay side-dots that emit light for the darkest of stages.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs (master volume, master tone), U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No™ unit, oversized brass block, bone nut and chrome hardware.
- Body Material:Caramelized Ash
- Body Finish:Satin Lacquer
- Neck: Caramelized Two-Piece Flame Maple with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard:Caramelized Flame Maple, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets:24, Jumbo Stainless
- Position Inlays: Ebony Ring with Maple Dot Center
- Tuning Machines:Sperzel® Locking
- Scale Length:25.5” (64.8 cm)
- Bridge: U.S.-Made Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Controls:Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs:Dome Style Luminlay Numbered Knobs
- Hardware Finish:Chrome
- Strings:NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag:Hardshell Case
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone
- Pickups: Charvel Custom MF Humbucking (Bridge) Charvel Custom MF Single-Coil (Middle) Charvel Custom MF Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Bridge Full Humbucking Pickup, Pos 2. Bridge Pickup Stud Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Bridge Pickup Screw Coil, Pos 4. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 5. Full Humbucking Pickup (2-way toggle engaged) Pos 1. Bridge Humbucker Single Coil Simulation, Pos 2. Bridge Pickup Stud Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Bridge Pickup Screw Coil, Pos 4. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 5. Neck Humbucker Single Coil Simulation
- Special Electronics: 2 Mini-Toggle to Engage Single-Coil Simulation in Bridge and Neck Humbucker Positions
Next Delivery Due: Wednesday, 31 October 2018
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.