The Guthrie Govan signature Charvel is the premium shredders guitar. Guthrie first got his own sig model in 2014 when Charvel built him a super-guitar. It’s widely regarded as one of the best new guitars in the last few years for its sheer playability.
Introduced in 2017, this model is an update on what was already a phenomenal instrumental. The all-new Caramelized Ash finish with a torrefied ash body - a thermal process to remove the moisture from the wood, so this guitar will sound and feel much older.
The caramelised finish is a thing of beauty, giving your brand new guitar a stage worn look that looks natural and classy.
With a 2-way mini toggle switch to engage single coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions, you can get a wonderful array of tones out of this beast.
With a specially contoured neck and no neck plate, the guitar is built to give you easy access all the way up to the 24th fret. And if you want to tweak the truss rod, there’s a convenient adjustment wheel between the neck and the neck pickup.
Packed with features and thoughtful design built around the player, the Guthrie signature brings together versatility, playability and a dynamic tonal range.
- Body Material: Caramelized Ash
- Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Neck: Caramelized Two-Piece Flame Maple with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Flame Maple, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless
- Position Inlays: Ebony Ring with Maple Dot Center
- Tuning Machines: Sperzel® Locking
- Scale Length:2 5.5” (64.8 cm)
- Bridge: U.S.-Made Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style Luminlay Numbered Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Hardshell Case
- Pickups: Charvel Custom MF Humbucking (Bridge) Charvel Custom MF Single-Coil (Middle) Charvel Custom MF Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Bridge Full Humbucking Pickup, Pos 2. Bridge Pickup Stud Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Bridge Pickup Screw Coil, Pos 4. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 5. Full Humbucking Pickup (2-way toggle engaged) Pos 1. Bridge Humbucker Single Coil Simulation, Pos 2. Bridge Pickup Stud Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Bridge Pickup Screw Coil, Pos 4. Neck Pickup Screw Coil and Middle Pickup, Pos 5. Neck Humbucker Single Coil Simulation
- Special Electronics: 2 Mini-Toggle to Engage Single-Coil Simulation in Bridge and Neck Humbucker Positions