Here’s What Cranborne Audio Say About the 500R8 USB Audio Interface & 8-Slot 500 Series Rack:
500R8 is home to 8 of your favourite 500 series modules. It’s also a 28in/30out USB audio interface, monitor controller, and discrete analogue summing mixer.
Configure 500R8 to suit your desired analogue flavour. Fill it full of vintage-style 500 series preamps when you're recording drums, clean and pristine preamps when you're recording strings, or EQ/Compressor/saturation 500 series modules when it's time for mixing.
...Meets Digital Precision
Connect 500R8 directly to your PC/Mac and capture every last nuance of your analogue sources with reference-class AD/DA conversion and superior internal clocking. Effortlessly pass audio between analogue and digital worlds without digital artefacts that colour and degrade your recordings.
- USB Audio Interface: Connect directly to your PC/mac via USB and utilise 500R8's built-in 28-in/30-out USB audio interface for recording and playback directly to/from your chosen DAW.
- Monitor Controller: Switch between two sets of speakers, toggle Mono sum, Mute, Dim, and Talkback facilities whilst monitoring the peak level of your mix with 28-segments of LED detail by using the built-in, high-headroom monitor controller.
- Zero Latency Artist Mixer: Monitor live sources in the analogue domain with zero latency by using dedicated mix level and pan controls per-channel combined with our seriously high-powered headphone amps.
- Discrete Summing Mixer: Elevate your mix with analogue character and sum 8 USB sources through your 500 series modules and into the discrete analogue summing mixer to be summed and recorded back into your DAW as a stereo track.
- Configurable Front End: Mix and match your 500 series modules to find the best combinations during recording, and mixing to help create your own signature, analogue sound.
- Source Select: Re-patch your 500R8 at a flick of a switch. Dedicated source select switches for each 500 series slot adjusts the signal routing to send Analogue, C.A.S.T. or USB sources through each your modules.
- Enough I/O For Any Hardware: 500R8 to integrates with all of your analogue/digital hardware. Patch in 500R8 with your own converter or integrate your 19" rack gear with dedicated TRS insert jacks per slot.
- No Modules? No Problem: Bypass unused 500 series slots using 500R8's dedicated slot-bypass switch and you can use all of the available analogue paths for recording whilst you continue to build your 500 series collection.
- More Recording Channels: Record up to 16 channels directly through independent 500 series modules and directly into your DAW for processing.
- More Summing Channels: Play back instrument groups/stems into all 16 available 500 series slots for summing using our C.A.S.T. link connector.
- Receive Audio From C.A.S.T.: Connect 500R8 to our N22/N22H breakout boxes using shielded cat 5 cable and now you can send mic/line sources through 100m of Cat 5 cable and directly into 500R8's module inputs.
- Transmit Audio To C.A.S.T.: Through that same cat 5 connection, you can transport 500R8's monitor mix (with Talkback included) through C.A.S.T. and directly to the musician at the other end zero-latency analogue monitoring.
- Home Grown: 500R8 is designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK. Every unit that leaves our UK factory is thoroughly tested to provide years of trouble-free and dependable service.
- Built And Designed With Passion: We don’t take shortcuts. We don’t compromise. We don’t accept “good enough.” We’re just like you. We’re musicians. We’re audio engineers. 500R8 is a product we're very proud of, and we hope you will be too.
- Dynamic Range: 121dB A-weighted, AES17 method, 20Hz - 20kHz
- Frequency Response: -1dB, 2.2Hz to >80kHz
- THD+N: <0.00032% (-110dB) @ -4dBFS, 20Hz - 40kHz, 1kHz, A-weighted
- Clock Jitter: <0.5 Picoseconds